FordPass Siri Shortcuts

amick1995

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Trenor
No, it wouldn't say it fails but after running it it should show a text box at the end of the shortcut with a token in it.

If you click the little ">" in the circle next to the first URL it should be a "POST" method with a "Form" request body and it should list client id, username, etc. under the "Form" section.

The SECOND URL should be a "PUT" method with a "JSON" request body.
Checking the “>” on both of those shows exactly what you say it should

C2CCD3DA-8C87-44C6-8B21-C26685C485BA.png

B82D8ABC-DC2F-4E3F-ABAE-BE940C0ED7AD.png
Sponsored

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Now we need to check the values being returned by those URL calls.
  1. Open "Get FordPass Token" through the three little dots
  2. Scroll down to the bottom of the shortcut
  3. In the search field that says "Search for apps and actions" type "Text" without the quotes (")
  4. There should be a list and one of the entries should have a little orange icon with only the word "Text" next to it. Select this one and it should be inserted at the end of all of the other actions.
  5. Select inside the text box and the keyboard should appear.
  6. Select the "Select Variable" above the keyboard.
  7. Scroll up to the top instance "Get contents of" that has the sso.ci.ford.com URL
  8. Select the blue text "Contents of URL" right below that action
  9. Press the "Play" button in the lower right corner
What was returned in the textbox at the bottom of the shortcut?

amick1995

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now we need to check the values being returned by those URL calls.
  1. Open "Get FordPass Token" through the three little dots
  2. Scroll down to the bottom of the shortcut
  3. In the search field that says "Search for apps and actions" type "Text" without the quotes (")
  4. There should be a list and one of the entries should have a little orange icon with only the word "Text" next to it. Select this one and it should be inserted at the end of all of the other actions.
  5. Select inside the text box and the keyboard should appear.
  6. Select the "Select Variable" above the keyboard.
  7. Scroll up to the top instance "Get contents of" that has the sso.ci.ford.com URL
  8. Select the blue text "Contents of URL" right below that action
  9. Press the "Play" button in the lower right corner
What was returned in the textbox at the bottom of the shortcut?
{"error_description":"CSIAQ0147E The required parameter: [client_id] is missing in the request.","error":"invalid_request"}
This is what it shows following the steps above. I want to thank you for taking the time to help me with this, I greatly appreciate it.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
{"error_description":"CSIAQ0147E The required parameter: [client_id] is missing in the request.","error":"invalid_request"}
This is what it shows following the steps above. I want to thank you for taking the time to help me with this, I greatly appreciate it.
No worries! This points to the problem being with the "FordPass Settings" shortcut instead. If you open that shortcut, at the bottom should be definitions for username, password, vin, clientId and applicationId. I'm guessing that somewhere along the line the value for clientId got changed. What are the values for clientId and applicationId ?

amick1995

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No worries! This points to the problem being with the "FordPass Settings" shortcut instead. If you open that shortcut, at the bottom should be definitions for username, password, vin, clientId and applicationId. I'm guessing that somewhere along the line the value for clientId got changed. What are the values for clientId and applicationId ?
Client ID: 9fb503e0-715b-47e8-adfd-ad4b7770f73b
Application ID: 71A3AD0A-CF46-4CCF-B473-FC7FE5BC4592

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Client ID: 9fb503e0-715b-47e8-adfd-ad4b7770f73b
Application ID: 71A3AD0A-CF46-4CCF-B473-FC7FE5BC4592
Those are correct so there is something else. Lets go back to where I had you do this:
  1. Open up "FordPass Settings" as if you were going to edit it by using the three little dots on the shortcut
  2. Down in the bottom right corner there is a "Play" arrow
  3. Push play
  4. Scroll to the bottom of that shortcut
  5. Is there a text window formatted with your information in it?
What does that output say? Replace your personal info with "X"s before posting here.

amick1995

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those are correct so there is something else. Lets go back to where I had you do this:

What does that output say? Replace your personal info with "X"s before posting here.
{"username":"XXXX","password":"XXXX","clientId":"9fb503e0-715b-47e8-adfd-ad4b7770f73b","vin":"XXXX","applicationId":"71A3AD0A-CF46-4CCF-B473-FC7FE5BC4592"}

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man
{"username":"XXXX","password":"XXXX","clientId":"9fb503e0-715b-47e8-adfd-ad4b7770f73b","vin":"XXXX","applicationId":"71A3AD0A-CF46-4CCF-B473-FC7FE5BC4592"}
Wow. That's the correct output but somewhere the clientID is getting dropped before getting to the URL.

Alright,
  1. back in the "Get FordPass Token" shortcut, where we added the "Text" box at the bottom, click in the text field and back off the "Contents of URL"
  2. Pick the "Select Variable" above the keyboard
  3. Scroll to the top of the shortcut and select the "Shortcut Result" right after the running of "FordPass Settings"
  4. Press the play button in the bottom right
Does the text output show the clientId ? If so, go through these steps again but change the output for the text box to be the little orange icon with the 'x' client_id that is directly under the "Set variable client_id" and rerun. Still seeing the clientId in the output?

amick1995

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow. That's the correct output but somewhere the clientID is getting dropped before getting to the URL.

Alright,
  1. back in the "Get FordPass Token" shortcut, where we added the "Text" box at the bottom, click in the text field and back off the "Contents of URL"
  2. Pick the "Select Variable" above the keyboard
  3. Scroll to the top of the shortcut and select the "Shortcut Result" right after the running of "FordPass Settings"
  4. Press the play button in the bottom right
Does the text output show the clientId ? If so, go through these steps again but change the output for the text box to be the little orange icon with the 'x' client_id that is directly under the "Set variable client_id" and rerun. Still seeing the clientId in the output?
when I have it run with shortcut result in the text field at the bottom is comes up with an empty box with no texts

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man
when I have it run with shortcut result in the text field at the bottom is comes up with an empty box with no texts
  1. With the "Get FordPass Token" open click on the little blue circle with sliders at the top near the 'X" to close
  2. Select "Privacy" and make sure it looks like this:
IMG_0AB656594D25-1.jpeg

Stevo56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT, 2016 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Occupation
Retired
Please let us know the results. Are you using a watch also?
Shortcuts work on the phone but not on watch. Guess I will have to live with this.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Shortcuts work on the phone but not on watch. Guess I will have to live with this.
On iPhone:
Settings -> [your name] -> iCloud -> Shortcuts is on and there is space available?
Settings -> Shortcuts -> iCloud Sync is on?
Shortcuts -> Apple Watch shows all the shortcuts?
Your iPhone and watch are connected to the same network?

Buddybiro

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired
On iPhone:
Settings -> [your name] -> iCloud -> Shortcuts is on and there is space available?
Settings -> Shortcuts -> iCloud Sync is on?
Shortcuts -> Apple Watch shows all the shortcuts?
Your iPhone and watch are connected to the same network?
I get errors on my watch. I turned all the shortcuts off on the watch, they were gone from the watch. Then I restarted watch and phone. Shared all shortcuts again they are all on the watch now. Still do not work. Same network. I just tried the range and got the error “ measurement failed because no unit was specified. Please pick a unit. On my phone it works fine. Same shortcut I don’t get it.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man
I get errors on my watch. I turned all the shortcuts off on the watch, they were gone from the watch. Then I restarted watch and phone. Shared all shortcuts again they are all on the watch now. Still do not work. Same network. I just tried the range and got the error “ measurement failed because no unit was specified. Please pick a unit. On my phone it works fine. Same shortcut I don’t get it.
That "measurement failed because no unit was specified" was the error I was getting that alerted me to the whole problem of the shortcuts not working at all.

If you are getting that on the watch but not the iPhone then the "Get FordPass Token" shortcut on the watch is the old shortcut and not the same as the one on the iPhone. I do not have an Apple watch so I don't necessarily know how they sync with the phone but I'm going to guess they use the iCloud. If this is correct then I'll bet the shortcut in the iCloud is the old one too or the watch is getting it from somewhere else.

If you open the "Get FordPass Token" shortcut with the three dots in the upper right corner of it, then click the blue circle with the sliders at the top, is "Show on Apple Watch" turned on?

amick1995

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  1. With the "Get FordPass Token" open click on the little blue circle with sliders at the top near the 'X" to close
IMG_0AB656594D25-1.jpeg
mine looks like this
IMG_0AB656594D25-1.jpeg
this is what mine looks like
05D26A5B-B1B1-4A0D-BA42-8A1A14C2F4AD.png
Sponsored