Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT, 2016 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Occupation
Retired
If you hear anything please post!
I did install the fordpass app on my watch. You can start it using that. Would rather use Siri, though.

Buddybiro

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired
I did install the fordpass app on my watch. You can start it using that. Would rather use Siri, though.
Yes I did that but it is too cool to say it instead. People can’t believe you can actually do that without paying for the service like some of the more expensive cars

Cclittle72

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat Tremor
Is this service free, free for the first year, or do you have to pay for anything?

9512tacoma

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Manager
None of my ford pass shortcuts work even on iPhone. I get voice FAILED
anyone have any idea on a fix

Buddybiro

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired
Go all the way back to the original post and start over. Read it all and follow directions.

Googalash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Crew
Anybody notice in the last week or so shortcuts have stopped working? Like they run but don't return any data.

For example running the oil life command comes back with siri saying "You truck's oil life is precent". Without giving a number.

It's almost like the the API calls changed maybe? Or the URL changed?

Running the token command does return a token but it seems like the vehicle status just isn't pulling any data.

Thoughts?

Disregard. I see there was an update to the original post on 1/10/22 with a new "get FordPass token" shortcut. Guessing Ford did change something but that new token shortcut fixed my issue.

Was on a road trip last week, was very annoying when it suddenly stopped working. Glad to see folks figure out.

For anybody else coming here due to an issue try updating you "get FordPass token" shortcut.

Cheers

Last edited:

Stevo56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT, 2016 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Occupation
Retired
I installed the new token yesterday and it seemed to work. Today I kept getting the "command failed" message. I might delete all the shortcut and start from scratch.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Howdy All! Ford changed a couple of their API calls so that is what caused everyone's shortcuts to fail. The one that needs to be replaced is "Get FordPass Token". I just got around to digging into it and you can get a copy of it here. Thanks goes to some dude on reddit and not me.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
I have just lost the use of “hey siri” commands for my truck on my watch. All the commands work fine from my phone but will not work from my watch. I have watch os8.3 and phone is iOS 15.2. Does anyone know what happened? Is it a Apple update issue or is something else wrong? All my apps show on the watch and the only one that works is the “where is my Ranger“

any help would be appreciated!
I will post what I did if I ever get them working.
Mine quit immediately after Apple pushed a software update to my watch. No fixes yet that I know of.
You may need to remove the shortcuts from the watch and resync with your phone. Here are some links.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Go all the way back to the original post and start over. Read it all and follow directions.
Anybody notice in the last week or so shortcuts have stopped working? Like they run but don't return any data.

For example running the oil life command comes back with siri saying "You truck's oil life is precent". Without giving a number.

It's almost like the the API calls changed maybe? Or the URL changed?

Running the token command does return a token but it seems like the vehicle status just isn't pulling any data.

Thoughts?

Disregard. I see there was an update to the original post on 1/10/22 with a new "get FordPass token" shortcut. Guessing Ford did change something but that new token shortcut fixed my issue.

Was on a road trip last week, was very annoying when it suddenly stopped working. Glad to see folks figure out.

For anybody else coming here due to an issue try updating you "get FordPass token" shortcut.

Cheers
Get FordPass Token

amick1995

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Trenor
I cannot get it to work at all. I’ve followed all the instructions, updated to the new get FordPass token, made sure my username password and VIN all are correct.
No matter what I do, it doesn’t work for me

Buddybiro

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired
I cannot get it to work at all. I’ve followed all the instructions, updated to the new get FordPass token, made sure my username password and VIN all are correct.
No matter what I do, it doesn’t work for me
Did you change the name of the shortcuts so the word car is not in it as described in the original post?
Sponsored