Occupation
Retired

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone else had problems setting up Ford Pass? I have the truck set up, and I was able to create accounts using my email address and my wife's address, but when I try to log onto the app, I get "Sorry, FordPass isn't responding. Please try again later." Tried it on my phone and my wife's phone, re-started phones, tried it in different locations...nothing helps.
Can you login and setup your account on a desktop or laptop first? That’s what did before logging into my iPhone.

OP
OP
DHare

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Can you login and setup your account on a desktop or laptop first? That’s what did before logging into my iPhone.
If you're referring to the Ford Owner site, then, yes, I've done that.

OP
OP
DHare

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Could have sworn it’s the same account unless I’m wrong.
I finally got signed in by asking for password reset. Worked for both accounts. It's not letting me activate yet, probably because it is still hung up from earlier efforts. I'll try again tomorrow and hope it has reset and lets me do it then.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got signed in by asking for password reset. Worked for both accounts. It's not letting me activate yet, probably because it is still hung up from earlier efforts. I'll try again tomorrow and hope it has reset and lets me do it then.
It won’t let you activate until it’s released from final assembly. It’s probably still on the line and not quite ready.

OP
OP
DHare

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
It won’t let you activate until it’s released from final assembly. It’s probably still on the line and not quite ready.
No, it's setting in my garage! I've had it for several days. It says another user is trying to activate it which is probably a hangup from earlier when it wasn't responding.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No, it's setting in my garage! I've had it for several days. It says another user is trying to activate it which is probably a hangup from earlier when it wasn't responding.
Maybe you can disconnect the battery and try again. I’m not sure how to reset Sync 3.

OP
OP
DHare

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Maybe you can disconnect the battery and try again. I’m not sure how to reset Sync 3.
If it doesn't clear up by tomorrow, I'll call the FordPass Guide help desk. Thanks for your help.

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
I had the same problem when I set up my account on my home computer (no truck yet). Tried to access it from the iPhone and could not get in. Reset the password and access worked. Not a well designed system..

OP
OP
DHare

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I had the same problem when I set up my account on my home computer (no truck yet). Tried to access it from the iPhone and could not get in. Reset the password and access worked. Not a well designed system..
I agree. There are no clear cut, easy to understand and follow, step-by-step directions for setting up FordPass and setting all the necessary parameters in Sync 3 system. I found the Users Manual to be poorly written regarding several functions of the truck in general as well as Sync.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I had tons of issues getting it set up, but was finally able to after some trouble shooting. Here's what I'd recommend:
  • Remove the Ranger from your FordPass App (Scroll to your ranger in the app, hit 'vehicle details', scroll down and hit 'remove vehicle')
  • Delete FordPass App from your phone and restart your phone
  • Master Reset Sync 3 (Settings, General, Scroll down to 'Master Reset', continue)
  • Wait a good 5 minutes after the reset is complete for the system to settle
  • Ensure that remote connectivity is set to enabled in settings->fordpass app
  • Turn your truck off, open/close the door and wait a few minutes for the truck to fully power down
  • Open/close the door again and start it back up
  • Wait for a pop-up notifying you something to the effect of 'remote communication is enabled, pair a device to not see the message again'
  • Reinstall the FordPass app on your phone and log in
  • Click on add vehicle, and tap the camera icon, scan the vin in the door jamb
  • It should say vehicle found and you should then shortly after see a pop up on your Sync 3 display asking for you to allow the connection
  • Hit yes to any prompts, and you should then be fully paired
After doing slight variations of the above, I got it working.

Good luck!

Tinsoldieroh

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had an'86, a '94, and an '05. Left with wife's jeep until the '19 arrives
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Trucks do any time now, but one thing I noticed is the Ford Pass App for Android took a major revision lately. So the delete and re-install may help all of us. I know I couldn't get into the app for a while due to this upgrade.

OP
OP
DHare

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I had tons of issues getting it set up, but was finally able to after some trouble shooting. Here's what I'd recommend:
  • Remove the Ranger from your FordPass App (Scroll to your ranger in the app, hit 'vehicle details', scroll down and hit 'remove vehicle')
  • Delete FordPass App from your phone and restart your phone
  • Master Reset Sync 3 (Settings, General, Scroll down to 'Master Reset', continue)
  • Wait a good 5 minutes after the reset is complete for the system to settle
  • Ensure that remote connectivity is set to enabled in settings->fordpass app
  • Turn your truck off, open/close the door and wait a few minutes for the truck to fully power down
  • Open/close the door again and start it back up
  • Wait for a pop-up notifying you something to the effect of 'remote communication is enabled, pair a device to not see the message again'
  • Reinstall the FordPass app on your phone and log in
  • Click on add vehicle, and tap the camera icon, scan the vin in the door jamb
  • It should say vehicle found and you should then shortly after see a pop up on your Sync 3 display asking for you to allow the connection
  • Hit yes to any prompts, and you should then be fully paired
After doing slight variations of the above, I got it working.

Good luck!
Master Reset did the trick!! Thank you. I talked to a very nice FordPass Guide lady who had me try several things, and then I suggested the reset, and she agreed that might be the answer. And it was.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Master Reset did the trick!! Thank you. I talked to a very nice FordPass Guide lady who had me try several things, and then I suggested the reset, and she agreed that might be the answer. And it was.
Nice! Glad it helped!
Sponsored