[Updated] Ranger Ford Performance Power Pack Performance Tune Software (M-9603-REB) Released!

Fish

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD Ranger Lariat Hot Pepper Red, 1993 F-150 XLT
Occupation
HVACR
Vehicle Showcase
So does this mean the net results of the Roush and the Ford are roughly the same? I can't read the numbers on the plots of the Ford tune on the cut sheet. Another thing is that if the Ranger "kit" is like that for the Mustang you get a drop in filter which is probably essentially like or is a K/N, while the Roush has the chamber and the cone shaped filter like more traditional cold air set ups? If the net increase is about the same and both have the same warranty, then I'd opted for the Roush....at least in absence of additional information that we hopefully amass before the Ford comes out. And I don't know that we have anyone posting that has actually done the Roush mod?
Hi Rich, Yes I think what ur saying is correct but I'm not familiar with the Ford Perf. intake or tune. I installed the Roush CAI which they use fords filter box and supply snorkel but replace the box cover, add cone filter and the feed line down to the blower. Claiming to 21% more air flow. Then they prefer that a Ford dealership does the flash for loading the tune. I should be getting the Roush tune loaded this coming week so we will c how that goes. As for the 3yr/36,000 warranty, that starts from when the vehicle was delivered not from when the Roush Level 1 was installed. Owner needs to send warranty paperwork into Roush after install and from talking to them, if something does go wrong and u need 2 use, it sounds like they provide $7500 engine related, $2000 for trans/rear related repair. Roush is showing their final dyno numbers after using 93 octane, the CAI and their tune as being 275 rwhp and 339 rwtq so using my estimated numbers, I'm guessing that would be 295 to 305 engine hp and 360 to 370 engine torq. @ the crank. You would have 2 compare that 2 the specs Ford Performance is showing. That's the extent that I know.
Sponsored

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Hi Rich, Yes I think what ur saying is correct but I'm not familiar with the Ford Perf. intake or tune. I installed the Roush CAI which they use fords filter box and supply snorkel but replace the box cover, add cone filter and the feed line down to the blower. Claiming to 21% more air flow. Then they prefer that a Ford dealership does the flash for loading the tune. I should be getting the Roush tune loaded this coming week so we will c how that goes. As for the 3yr/36,000 warranty, that starts from when the vehicle was delivered not from when the Roush Level 1 was installed. Owner needs to send warranty paperwork into Roush after install and from talking to them, if something does go wrong and u need 2 use, it sounds like they provide $7500 engine related, $2000 for trans/rear related repair. Roush is showing their final dyno numbers after using 93 octane, the CAI and their tune as being 275 rwhp and 339 rwtq so using my estimated numbers, I'm guessing that would be 295 to 305 engine hp and 360 to 370 engine torq. @ the crank. You would have 2 compare that 2 the specs Ford Performance is showing. That's the extent that I know.
Very helpful. Thanks. As long as I would spend that kind of money if indeed the performance increases are comparable I would probably opt for the Roush. I have shown some of the info to my dealer. I live in a small town and know management - service, sales, etc. quite well - and drive vehicles back from auction for them and I'm sure they would do right by me regardless of which option. I'm wondering if one would "hear" the intake more with the cone filter vs the drop in. As I say somewhere in this thread I already use 93 octane and get it across the line in Iowa at less than the price of 87 in Illinois.

Fish

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HVACR
Vehicle Showcase
I think I read here that someone has it, but didn't give much details. He probably hasn't had time with it to compile anything yet? I could have been dreaming lol...I am old. ;)
Hahahaha! I get that Old part. I don't remember eather if anyone has posted on having a Roush Performance Level 1 on a Ranger but then I have that Old problem also. I have a great memory, it's just the recall mechanism that doesn't function well all the time. At least, if all goes well, I will say this week someone, being me, will have the Roush system on a Ranger.

Fish

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HVACR
Vehicle Showcase
Very helpful. Thanks. As long as I would spend that kind of money if indeed the performance increases are comparable I would probably opt for the Roush. I have shown some of the info to my dealer. I live in a small town and know management - service, sales, etc. quite well - and drive vehicles back from auction for them and I'm sure they would do right by me regardless of which option. I'm wondering if one would "hear" the intake more with the cone filter vs the drop in. As I say somewhere in this thread I already use 93 octane and get it across the line in Iowa at less than the price of 87 in Illinois.
Yes, Have been running 93 octane since picking up my Ranger also. I also have had the CAI in for some time and can't say that I notice any difference in the intake sound.

Psykostevo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
There are several CAI threads including one on the Roush. Interesting that the Ford just has the air cleaner and the Roush has a complete housing swap and air cleaner. Most interesting is that both have guarantees and on a earlier thread on CAI the haters were out in force. Not sure CAI does a lot but both the coming Ford and the Roush also have tunes...and there were lots of haters on tune threads too, but again mostly on warranty worries.
They sell the CAI because I believe a lot of people don’t believe in things they can’t see, and therefor have trouble forming over money for just the tune.

hawk43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Hahahaha! I get that Old part. I don't remember eather if anyone has posted on having a Roush Performance Level 1 on a Ranger but then I have that Old problem also. I have a great memory, it's just the recall mechanism that doesn't function well all the time. At least, if all goes well, I will say this week someone, being me, will have the Roush system on a Ranger.

So I went hunting and found it...User is SHOCKM and his post is 811 in the What have you done to your Ranger thread...Page 55 I think..

so...we ain't so old after all. :whew:

BlueSport

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X2
578 miles on one tank? No F’n way bro. My truck is broken then because I don’t even get 300miles. Given my bigger tires the computer is off but not by that much.
Lol no its not.... i was driving 65 and i went from los angeles to utah and that was on my second tank. I get like 330 miles when i go to work and thats 100 percent city

OP
OP
Rinn69

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Lol no its not.... i was driving 65 and i went from los angeles to utah and that was on my second tank. I get like 330 miles when i go to work and thats 100 percent city
Using your numbers, that's 32 MPG Hwy and 18 MPG city... In my '13 Ram 4x4 CC Hemi, the computer said I could get 551 miles on a 32 gal tank (17 MPG Hwy). Are you getting these numbers from the distance to empty (computer) or are these actual hand calculated MPG's ? Tune ?

BlueSport

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X2
These are both but the computer was usually off a little... the 32 mpg was when i went to utah and was on cruise control the whole way going only 65mph plus i was using 91 i made that trip in july of 2019 and other wise the 18 mpg is just from me going to work its city driving no tune bone stock

Romac

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2017 Escape SE
I'm super interested in this, I wish it was out. If so I'd pull the trigger today and be the guinea pig for us all. As it stands I'm considering it strongly, but I've had other Ecoboosts (Focus and FIesta ST's) in the past and I always went with Mountune stuff. They didn't make as much power as some of the other tuners, but I found them to be pretty well rounded/reliable for a daily driven car, I spoke with Mountune and they said they plan to have some Ranger parts up by this July - unclear what those parts actually are.

If Mountune is in the game by the time Ford releases this, thats probably where I'll go. But if for some reason by like March or something Ford gets this out I'll pick one up asap.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The latest from Ford Performance is release towards end of 1st quarter of this year.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So sometime in March?
I suppose, I've been checking about every month so will "chat" again with them later in February. I am hoping it will be out for my oil change so it can go under wife-radar. It won't be noticeable like my Borla cat-back which she notices right away :) And I'm hoping to use my Ford Pass points towards it.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase