Turborave

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
My ranger came with the ford branded, tri-fold hard cover. It rained pretty hard yesterday and i opened up the bed and there is water all along the sides, not a lot, but if i was trying to keep something dry in there, it would have gotten wet. I understand these are prone to let a little bit of water in, but is this expected? Is there anything i should be looking at to adjust? TIA.
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I have that one also. My son worked at the dealership at the time & installed the tonneau cover. There is very minimal leakage. I would say less than a thimble full. Almost none. Have driven through many hard rainfalls & luggage stayed dry.

OP
OP
Turborave

Turborave

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I have that one also. My son worked at the dealership at the time & installed the tonneau cover. There is very minimal leakage. I would say less than a thimble full. Almost none. Have driven through many hard rainfalls & luggage stayed dry.

what should i be adjusting then? it looks straight, the rubber along the sides seems ok... im def getting more than a thimble! and since ive only had the truck 2 weeks, i should probably get them to look at it.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
what should i be adjusting then? it looks straight, the rubber along the sides seems ok... im def getting more than a thimble! and since ive only had the truck 2 weeks, i should probably get them to look at it.
I'm not very mechanical. Thank goodness for my husband & son! I would take it & let the dealership check it out.

Rone28

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019
The Ford tri fold i got when I bought the truck did not have the extra bracing on the side rails. So the rails tilted in and did not provide a good seal. I replaced it with the undercover ultra flex. It has been great. Not sure if it is the way the dealer installed it or the extra bracing for the rails. Net is I am happy.

Plus I love the ability to close the gate without lifting the back panel.

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
Willing to sell mine. Currently in MN, LMK.
Sponsored