First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Besides loosing your third brake light and bed light I don't think there is much disadvantage to this. Obviously you are not looking for a topper or anything to cover the bed.

All in all I'd say make the truck your own.

Aragorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Crew Cab
I personally love the 80s truck vibe it gives. Iron horse makes a similar roll bar that may actually be more functional, but it doesn’t quite have the simple and clean aesthetic of the Ford version.

I’ve always wondered whether these products actually help stiffen up the frame to increase performance by any significant degree. Maybe @P. A. Schilke Can answer that question for us.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Besides loosing your third brake light and bed light I don't think there is much disadvantage to this. Obviously you are not looking for a topper or anything to cover the bed.

All in all I'd say make the truck your own.
It says it has a brake light on it

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I personally love the 80s truck vibe it gives. Iron horse makes a similar roll bar that may actually be more functional, but it doesn’t quite have the simple and clean aesthetic of the Ford version.

I’ve always wondered whether these products actually help stiffen up the frame to increase performance by any significant degree. Maybe @P. A. Schilke Can answer that question for us.
Hi Aragorn,

These sports bars offer very little help for frame stiffening. If they had a diagonal brace then there might be help, but there is rear vision block issues. For a while they were called Light Bars after the lawyers stopped the term Roll Bar as they offered almost no roll protection... Show bars was another term. Having one creates a look that some folks like... If you look at the roll cages I designed and Livernois fabricated....We took it slowly to make sure we got a much stiffer chassis from which to work... Downtubes with X bracing for example.

If you like the look of a sports bar....Go For It!

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
Obijack

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
Thanks guys. I love the look, especially with the ranger side plates, but I don’t care for giving up bed light (have several hobbies that require me to leave the house in the early morning when it is dark).

Whiskeybilt

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
chef
That's probably the best looking roll bar/chase bar that I've seen. Looks clean and simple. You could always wire up better bed lights, off the wires that are already there.

I just wish it was taller. If I have to move stuff like fence polls or lumber that's 20ft long, I want to be able to put it on top of the rack, but also want lights up there.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Post pics.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I like the looks of this product and thought about getting one for my Ranger. Still, I could not get beyond the fact that they are nonfunctional (do not really protect passengers), interfere with the brake light, add weight and wind resistance, take up space in the bed, and are not cheap. So I decided not to get one. I still like the look, though, and so if none of these disadvantages matter to you, go for it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Obijack

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
For sure! The side plates complete it!

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I should have held off on the cap and done a BTTF inspired Ranger.
Sponsored