Vehicle Showcase

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Not on this outdated Platform. But rest assured the NEW Ranger which will be built on the same Platform as the New Bronco will have Raptor version in 2023!
I thought the new bronco was based on the ranger platform?

Aragorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Crew Cab
It sounds pretty underwhelming. I'm surprised Ford is even releasing a Tremor package when they JUST released the three tiered Ford Performance off road packages for the Ranger.

If the Tremor includes a locking front differential, however, I'll gladly eat crow and praise them for doing it, while also cursing them for not including it in the FX4 package in the first place...

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds kinda meh if this is it. Doesn't sound much different from an FX4 (different air dam, shocks, etc...) with the addition of some unique running boards and graphics.

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I'm with you guys seems like a half hearted attempt to create more interest with out investing any money to do so. Different lower air dam wheels and some graphics and probably a nice price. Can't wait for the 2023 Ranger maybe we'll get a Ranger that's not done on the cheep.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I had an 03 Tremor and I thought that was only an upgraded hi power stereo system.
Hi Bret,
I launched Tremor....It was a niche product using aftermarket parts, installed as an off line product after the initial build with radio delete. Definitely a boom box on wheels. The RCA connectors were not up to OEM requirements as as such we had to process deviations to our standards to produce this product. I did my best and it appeared to be a hit, but I hated it as I hate these stoplight boom box encounters where my windows and teeth fillings rattle.

I think I told a story here in another thread about Tremor prototypes shaking out plant line equipment at Edison that needed replacing. The back story was the first Edison Tremor prototype had a terrible rattle in the cab. The second one did too as did the third. We tracked it to the right rear cab mount being loose and resulting in the trapped flat washer rattling on the floorpan. I had a FCG Trainee (Ford College Graduate) and I told him to walk back up the line to Cab deck and look for the right rear cab bolt to be installed...the walk back to where it was not and find the operator. Then come back and get me and we will see what is going on. So Wally H. finds the operator and then guy tells him to get me as he had been bitching to the plant that his air gun was toast. So I go back with Wally and the operator was pleading with me to fix the problem...I looked up at the air line where it connected overhead and there was a pressure regulator with a glass bowl water trap that was completely black and full. I had to wait until the next meeting with the plant manager to bring up the subject...He was so pissed he grabbed me out of the meeting to take him to the line which I did using his golf cart. We then hopped back into the golf cart and back to the meeting...He blew past the conference table and picked up his phone and barked into the phone and slammed the phone down. A few minutes of silence (very uncomfortable) this area supervisor came into the office and got a performance review in front of all of us. There was a yard audit of all units and a bunch of repairmen/women and Millwrights running around with torque wrenches fixing trucks before going to the shipping lot. We were lucky as they started finding units that were okay that were earlier in the shift, so nothing reached the dealer or customer. Next day as we were walking the line the operator called out and gave us a thumbs up and pointed to the new regulator, air line and gun.... Sheesh...and so it goes....

Did not like Tremor, but it did find a problem before it got in customer hands!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
When I hear the name Tremor, I think of the 2015ish F150 standard cab, short box with the 3.5 EB and body side graphics. Not "another" 4x4 package.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
It sounds pretty underwhelming. I'm surprised Ford is even releasing a Tremor package when they JUST released the three tiered Ford Performance off road packages for the Ranger.

If the Tremor includes a locking front differential, however, I'll gladly eat crow and praise them for doing it, while also cursing them for not including it in the FX4 package in the first place...
"Underwhelming" is an understatement, as there does not seem to be any real enhancement to performance such as tuning, lifting, leveling, suspension upgrades, etc., which means you could get more bang out of the stage one and two options from Ford Performance's off-road packages--or with aftermarket modifications, as many of us do already. Hopefully, this is just intended as a placeholder while we are waiting for the next generation Rangers and Raptors!

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Hi Bret,
I launched Tremor....It was a niche product using aftermarket parts, installed as an off line product after the initial build with radio delete. Definitely a boom box on wheels. The RCA connectors were not up to OEM requirements as as such we had to process deviations to our standards to produce this product. I did my best and it appeared to be a hit, but I hated it as I hate these stoplight boom box encounters where my windows and teeth fillings rattle.

I think I told a story here in another thread about Tremor prototypes shaking out plant line equipment at Edison that needed replacing. The back story was the first Edison Tremor prototype had a terrible rattle in the cab. The second one did too as did the third. We tracked it to the right rear cab mount being loose and resulting in the trapped flat washer rattling on the floorpan. I had a FCG Trainee (Ford College Graduate) and I told him to walk back up the line to Cab deck and look for the right rear cab bolt to be installed...the walk back to where it was not and find the operator. Then come back and get me and we will see what is going on. So Wally H. finds the operator and then guy tells him to get me as he had been bitching to the plant that his air gun was toast. So I go back with Wally and the operator was pleading with me to fix the problem...I looked up at the air line where it connected overhead and there was a pressure regulator with a glass bowl water trap that was completely black and full. I had to wait until the next meeting with the plant manager to bring up the subject...He was so pissed he grabbed me out of the meeting to take him to the line which I did using his golf cart. We then hopped back into the golf cart and back to the meeting...He blew past the conference table and picked up his phone and barked into the phone and slammed the phone down. A few minutes of silence (very uncomfortable) this area supervisor came into the office and got a performance review in front of all of us. There was a yard audit of all units and a bunch of repairmen/women and Millwrights running around with torque wrenches fixing trucks before going to the shipping lot. We were lucky as they started finding units that were okay that were earlier in the shift, so nothing reached the dealer or customer. Next day as we were walking the line the operator called out and gave us a thumbs up and pointed to the new regulator, air line and gun.... Sheesh...and so it goes....

Did not like Tremor, but it did find a problem before it got in customer hands!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Great back story Phil ! The sound system was nice and it was a great truck too. Bret
Sponsored