First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It's official the Ranger will get a PHEV next year! No waiting until 2025 like Ford originally said which will be great. While I love my new Tremor I'm really interested to see this new PHEV Ranger. I wouldn't buy the first year but by the second or even third I might be ready for one depending on the distance.

https://fordauthority.com/2023/06/ford-ranger-phev-out-next-year-coming-to-u-s-report/

The report claims that the Ford Ranger PHEV is scheduled to launch at some point in 2024 as part of that same model year’s updates, meaning that we won’t have to wait much longer to see the electrified pickup. Ford Australia didn’t confirm this report, but previously stated that the new Ranger was built specifically with electrification in mind, meaning that the automaker clearly planned on offering some sort of hybrid, PHEV, or EV in its life cycle.

As for what that powertrain might look like, this report notes that the Ranger PHEV will utilize the existing Ford 2.3L I-4 EcoBoost base engine, paired with one or more electric motors. This would represent a first in terms of that particular combination, as FoMoCo doesn’t currently sell any PHEV with the 2.3L EcoBoost, though as one might imagine, specifics such as output, electric-only driving range, and other pertinent info is currently unknown.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Given all Ford's mis-steps recently and the fact that the "regular" 2024 has now been pushed back to September, I will believe it when it is officially announced and someone can actually order it. I thought it was interesting they said it would be built in South Africa? Or was that just for Australia customers? Seems like if they did that it would be subject to the "chicken tax"....

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
YES!!!!
I think they mean the Aussie one will be built in SA,
OK, how good is Drive & FA? I don't really know those sites but are they full of BS just to get clicks?
When I was at the dealer yesterday he had no idea but I'm not surprised. Well, I really don't want to buy another 50k vehicle but I'm sure going to keep an eye on this. Yesterday I tried the Mach-e & it was nice but base model was 60k, minus govt subsidies(7k ?) that's too much for me, even 50k... Will there even be subsidies in 2/3 yrs?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
YES!!!!
I think they mean the Aussie one will be built in SA,
OK, how good is Drive & FA? I don't really know those sites but are they full of BS just to get clicks?
When I was at the dealer yesterday he had no idea but I'm not surprised. Well, I really don't want to buy another 50k vehicle but I'm sure going to keep an eye on this. Yesterday I tried the Mach-e & it was nice but base model was 60k, minus govt subsidies(7k ?) that's too much for me, even 50k... Will there even be subsidies in 2/3 yrs?
I took it that way too that the Aussie one will be made in SA. Ford Authority is a reliable source (at least it seems to be) and I have been following it for a while now and haven't seen anything "click bate". Since this just came out I'm not surprised the dealers don't know yet. Heck, most can't figure out how to order the new '24's yet alone have the newest update news. :rolleyes:

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
I took it that way too that the Aussie one will be made in SA. Ford Authority is a reliable source (at least it seems to be) and I have been following it for a while now and haven't seen anything "click bate". Since this just came out I'm not surprised the dealers don't know yet. Heck, most can't figure out how to order the new '24's yet alone have the newest update news. :rolleyes:
Dealers are just sales people, only a rare few will know their product.
So, hoping the PHEV will appear. Like you, I won't get 1st yr, probably a '25 & with extended warrantee. Just need to see the
specs & if the numbers work for me with a trade in.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Given all Ford's mis-steps recently and the fact that the "regular" 2024 has now been pushed back to September, I will believe it when it is officially announced and someone can actually order it. I thought it was interesting they said it would be built in South Africa? Or was that just for Australia customers? Seems like if they did that it would be subject to the "chicken tax"....
It will be built at MAP alongside the Broncos. If it was built in South Africa that might sabotage the IRA tax credit in addition to the chicken tax issues.

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
as long as it's got 30-35 range on EV only and retains the current engine and then acts like a real hybrid while towing vs just enhanced HP and TQ ALA new tocoma I will trade up year 1 with 7year bumper to bumper. my comutte is 18 miles each day with access to to plugs at my work not to mention a L2 40amp already in my garage for my wife's Bolt EUV. I also tow quite a bit so this would be super helpful

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase