Ford Protect Extended Warranty

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
I want to add years & miles to my existing ext warranty, anyone ever do this? If it's allowed at all.
Sponsored

REDWM

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2011 F150, 77 MGB, 2023 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
After reading all the issues on the forum and out of the original warranty (past 36 months), we bought the Ford Protect CSP for $360 with $100 deductible good for three years and renewable. It will depend on how much repairs are needed in the next 3 years if we renew.

kipkohl

First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired FF/PM
Does anyone know if Ford Protect stipulates that routine maintenance be performed by Ford service centers?

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Edge 1995 Cobra
Occupation
IT Demi-God
Does anyone know if Ford Protect stipulates that routine maintenance be performed by Ford service centers?
They can’t do that. You do need to keep a log of where service was performed and the dates. One reason I have all mine done at the dealer. They put all the services on the oasis report so I don’t have to track it.

OP
OP

ccasanova22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT Tremor
They can’t do that. You do need to keep a log of where service was performed and the dates. One reason I have all mine done at the dealer. They put all the services on the oasis report so I don’t have to track it.
Nope, like RDJTX, it clearly states in the contract that if you do your own maintenance, a log with receipts of parts and fluids is all you need to present in the event of a claim.

21Blackout

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger
Occupation
Warranty Administrator for FMC
I want to add years & miles to my existing ext warranty, anyone ever do this? If it's allowed at all.
Yes as long as your are still in contract it is much easier to do just contact the dealer you purchased from.

21Blackout

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger
Occupation
Warranty Administrator for FMC
I’ve never done this before, but seriously thinking about Ford Protect for my 2022 Ranger.

It’s currently down for the valve body and transmission work, as it’s been experiencing harsh 3-4 shifts and delayed engagement in “R” causing the tires to squeal when shifting from “P” to “R”.

I’ve also had the infotainment fixed under warranty, the rear end re-sealed due to a leak, parking brake boot issues, and alignment drifting.

Not to mention the glitches of the Nav screen getting locked up and hot to the touch (software updates seem to help, but has not fixed everything).

It seems as if Ford Protect has plans that go up to 10 years and 175k, and with my 16.5k miles per year I’m thinking of going with the maximum plan with $0 deductible.

Problem is, this is over a $6k warranty. I’ve never bought a factory warranty and for sure don’t want to spend $6k if it only pays for $2k in repairs.

My question is, is there a “sweet spot” in Ford Protect to get the maximum coverage while not spending an arm and a leg? Should I go for the $200 deductible, $100 deductible, a shorter plan (maybe 8 years), or just put the funds in a high yield savings account?

My truck has not been perfect but I do still love the truck.

My opinion is Premium Care with $100 deductible

NavRanger21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XL STX-4x4
So, I received a mailer from Ford Protect to add extended warranty on my truck.
Here is what I received,
- Current mileage 50k (outside of 36k factory warranty)
- Offer: PremiumCARE for 5 years/75k miles @ $4028 (30 months interest free)

What are people paying for this if you are out of 36k warranty like me?

Last edited:

LawnMM

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ranger Tremor
So, I received a letter from Ford Protect to add extended warranty on my truck.
Here is what I received,
- Current mileage 50k (outside of 36k factory warranty)
- Offer: PremiumCARE for 5 years @ $4028 (30 months interest free)

What are people paying for this if you are out of 36k warranty like me?
Years is only half the equation, how many miles?

Interest free loans are the best kind, I'd definitely take advantage of 30 months at 0% just figure out what coverage level and time/mileage you're happy with

My opinion, factory powertrain dies off at 5yrs/60k

You should at least double that or what's the point? So you should at least get powertrain care for 10yrs and 125k, that's only around $1500

Then you can start jumping up to Base care, extended or whatever they call it and premium which is basically an extension of bumper to bumper

I went with BaseCare, covers a few things powertrain doesn't and went full bore 10yr/175k miles, I want to be well beyond paid off when I'm on the hook for a trans or turbo or whatever (blend door I've been reading up on, might try tackling that myself if it rears it's head)

NavRanger21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XL STX-4x4
Years is only half the equation, how many miles?

Interest free loans are the best kind, I'd definitely take advantage of 30 months at 0% just figure out what coverage level and time/mileage you're happy with

My opinion, factory powertrain dies off at 5yrs/60k

You should at least double that or what's the point? So you should at least get powertrain care for 10yrs and 125k, that's only around $1500

Then you can start jumping up to Base care, extended or whatever they call it and premium which is basically an extension of bumper to bumper

I went with BaseCare, covers a few things powertrain doesn't and went full bore 10yr/175k miles, I want to be well beyond paid off when I'm on the hook for a trans or turbo or whatever (blend door I've been reading up on, might try tackling that myself if it rears it's head)
I just called them after seeing the mailer.

They are offering 75k miles for 5 years @$4028. I just went on their site, and saw they offer PowertrainCARE, which basically covers the engine, transmission, rear and front axles. I will get another quote for that. Everything else is not needed for me. I'm concerned about my transmission. Thanks.

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
Went on their site (Granger) to get an online quote, I guess someone will get in touch with me.
Yea they'll get back to you via email that's what Flood Ford did with my online request, lets us know hopefully it's a better price.
Sponsored