First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
So does the FP tune allow you to switch between tow mode and non-tow or is it strictly in one mode all the time?
One mode, no need to worry about switching back and forth.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rp930

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
91 is required.
Dang. I was wondering this and if I can ask this to be loaded during my next service visit. I'm a nanny and prefer things like this to be done by a Ford tech while he's still under warranty, lest I be required to start a 59 (and counting) page post on a blown engine after a tune.

• Haha
Reactions: FoD
OP
OP
Rp930

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Dang. I was wondering this and if I can ask this to be loaded during my next service visit. I'm a nanny and prefer things like this to be done by a Ford tech while he's still under warranty, lest I be required to start a 59 (and counting) page post on a blown engine after a tune.
I would suggest you call them first. Some dealers don’t want to mess with it, some do. It’s a nice tune. Helps with the transmission just as much as the added power. A lot less hunting around.

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
I would suggest you call them first. Some dealers don’t want to mess with it, some do. It’s a nice tune. Helps with the transmission just as much as the added power. A lot less hunting around.
This is exactly what I want it for. But at the cost of having to use 91 every time? It's a harder sell for me personally.

Is there a cost associated with this at the dealer other than shop time?

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer

jzinckgra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Seems like a decent price considering you get the K&N too and maintain warranty. The Livernois tune is $499 which I have been considering since you can load your own tunes and use whatever octane you want. My understanding is the Ford tune is supplied by Livernois, so do we assume the tunes between ford and Livernois direct are the same for 91 octane?

OP
OP
Rp930

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Seems like a decent price considering you get the K&N too and maintain warranty. The Livernois tune is $499 which I have been considering since you can load your own tunes and use whatever octane you want. My understanding is the Ford tune is supplied by Livernois, so do we assume the tunes between ford and Livernois direct are the same for 91 octane?
I wonder that myself but I don’t have a clue.

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
Installed this update today. Haven’t driven enough for a real opinion.
1615932219491.jpeg
Installed the update on mine today, same Performance Cal name as yours... so I know it's good haha

OP
OP
Rp930

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
This is exactly what I want it for. But at the cost of having to use 91 every time? It's a harder sell for me personally.

Is there a cost associated with this at the dealer other than shop time?

Call a few dealers and see if they will install it if you buy it from someplace else first. Some dealerships will only install parts you buy from them. Also some dealers are licensed to sell Ford Performance and / or Roush parts, ETC. (they usually advertise it on there web pages) those are usually the ones that will have no issue installing the parts and are usually mod friendly but you still want to verify they will install self purchased parts, most wont. Also doesn't hurt to ask if they will match internet prices such as Levittowns. in the case they wont install your parts.

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am liking it. Transmission has never been better.
Good to hear. I have yet to get a test drive in to verify the repair. Ran out of time on my lunch break, will take it out tomorrow morning and report back with my findings.

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
I just noticed that everyone else has an AAR.bin file type and I have a KC.bin on mine... any clue why? And does this matter?

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just noticed that everyone else has an AAR.bin file type and I have a KC.bin on mine... any clue why? And does this matter?
I haven't the slightest idea as to why. Though from browsing this forum was able to identify a match for my own where someone reported success, which was reassuring to say the least.

What I do know, however, is that Ford Performance Warranty is VERY responsive. Here's the email address: [email protected] They will have the answers.
Sponsored