Ford Performance pack warranty? What does it cover?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Nowhere on the website, or in the warranty, or in what you just posted does it state the powertrain warranty gets “downgraded” or replaced. You are not understanding what the warranty is, and then fabricating information to fit your fabricated conclusion. The 3/36k warranty is on the tune, device, and install. Did you even attempt to read the warranty or look at the above post where it explicitly states that the 5/60k powertrain warranty is still intact? You are not being helpful to OP.
You don't have to like what I'm saying but you do need to understand that what I'm saying is correct. If anything you still keep a warranty as long as you're still within your 3-year 36000 mile bumper to bumper. The same thing happens if you were to get the Roush tune from Roush directly. I myself went through livernois's so therefore technically if something were to happen catastrophically to my Powertrain my warranty could be void just because I have a tune from another company. This is one thing a lot of people don't understand. If anything we only good thing about the Ford performance tune in the rescuing is the fact that you still get a fact warranty through Ford or Roush depending.
Sponsored

Vitis805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Wine Nerd
You don't have to like what I'm saying but you do need to understand that what I'm saying is correct.
No, it isn’t.

Please anyone that ends up on this thread do your own research and read how the 5/60k powertrain warranty is still intact. If you have an extended warranty, that is still intact as well. The 3/36k warranty the calibration offers is on the tune and install itself and is completely separate from the powertrain and extended warranties. Sorry, OP, I tried.

BigOlBish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Rapid Red
Screenshot_20210124-222930_Drive.jpg

1st paragraph: does not void the warranty
2nd: tune itself has a warranty
3rd: again tune does not void the warranty
4th: if the tune causes an issue with other parts while the tune is still under warranty then the tune warranty covers the repairs. Doesnt really matter since the factory warranty would still be in place. Slightly alludes to if the tune causes problems after its warranty then those repairs won't be covered even under your normal warranty.

OP
OP
RangerAJS

RangerAJS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4, black out package, 302a, technology.
Occupation
Problem Solver
It's perfectly fine to start controversy where it needs to be, but that's just my opinion. You are delivering what the OP asked for.

The 5/60k warranty is still valid even in Frenchy's truck with a Livernois tune. It is up to the dealer (if something goes wrong) to say it isn't valid BECAUSE of said tune. I went with the Ford tune because if something did go wrong I believed it would be harder for Ford to point their finger at their own tune rather than a 3rd parties.

The 3/36k warranty for the ASE installed Ford tune is if something awry goes wrong with the Procal or tune itself once in the truck's memory, the warrantee can take it back to the ASE shop or any Ford dealer and get the tune reinstalled or the Procal replaced in that timeframe. After that 3/36k you are on your own tune-wise, not drivetrain-wise.

Say OP bought the calibration and installed himself/herself. Later on, hypothetically, the tune fudges up in the computer and is constantly recalculating shift points rather than adhering to a set. OP cannot take the tune back to where he/she bought to get it fixed under warranty. He/she would have to pay to have the tune reinstalled. If this second fix was either at an ASE shop or Ford dealer then OP can take it buck under warranty if it fudges up again.
That’s a good summation and helps make my decision a little easier.
No, it isn’t.

Please anyone that ends up on this thread do your own research and read how the 5/60k powertrain warranty is still intact. If you have an extended warranty, that is still intact as well. The 3/36k warranty the calibration offers is on the tune and install itself and is completely separate from the powertrain and extended warranties. Sorry, OP, I tried.
No, it isn’t.

Thanks for the lively discussion. I’ll go with what I read in the warranty from Ford as I interpreted it in similar fashion to your description. I can see a little bit where Frenchy is coming from which is why I posted the thread. Good debate, good facts and nothing better than looking at what the official paperwork says. Cheers!

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Screenshot_20210124-222930_Drive.jpg

1st paragraph: does not void the warranty
2nd: tune itself has a warranty
3rd: again tune does not void the warranty
4th: if the tune causes an issue with other parts while the tune is still under warranty then the tune warranty covers the repairs. Doesnt really matter since the factory warranty would still be in place. Slightly alludes to if the tune causes problems after its warranty then those repairs won't be covered even under your normal warranty.
Just to lob one more thing into the discussion. The way it is written it appears that if I decide to wait until I have 36,000 miles per the truck is three years old to tune the truck, there is no warranty on the tune or tuner. At all. Because Ford Performance ties the warranty to the original purchase date of the truck. If they are only warranting the tune and tuner, why is this?

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
If you have a mod friendly dealership, aftermarket tunes aren't an issue. Be a friendly, loyal
Customer and the service department and manager will take care of you. My full bolt on, E85 tuned 2017 mustang GT on drag radials snapped half shafts at the drag strip and was covered under warranty.

dmm3369

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
IT Engineer.
Hopefully everyone is emailing them the receipt for the tuner kit and installer receipt as stated in the PDF. If not, you're not registered for the warranty.

Thank you for submitting this documentation, your VIN is now registered for the FPP Warranty.

Ford Performance Parts Warranty Registrations

Email: [email protected]

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Hopefully everyone is emailing them the receipt for the tuner kit and installer receipt as stated in the PDF. If not, you're not registered for the warranty.

Thank you for submitting this documentation, your VIN is now registered for the FPP Warranty.

Ford Performance Parts Warranty Registrations

Email: [email protected]
This is only required if you have someone else install the tune other than a Fod dealer. If Ford does it they take care of registering it (or they should).

I have installed the FP tune on two different vehicles my self and emailed FP the purchase receipt, a install receipt my son created on his shops system and a copy of his ASE certification to FP. In both cases I received confirmation back of the warranty being registered in a few hours.

dmm3369

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
IT Engineer.
This is only required if you have someone else install the tune other than a Fod dealer. If Ford does it they take care of registering it (or they should).

I have installed the FP tune on two different vehicles my self and emailed FP the purchase receipt, a install receipt my son created on his shops system and a copy of his ASE certification to FP. In both cases I received confirmation back of the warranty being registered in a few hours.
They didn't with mine. They told me to do it. I took the tuner already prepped.

David
Sponsored