Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Cat herder
Vehicle Showcase
Will 285/70 void the FPP warranty? The write up says 265/70 is max configurable. Some have interpreted this to mean going bigger will void warranty.

I really want to do 285 and have removed crash bars, but I also want the FPP tune and don't want to void warranty.

Help?
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
It should not void the warranty. All you have to do is change the tire rotation number in the pro cal 4

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
Will 285/70 void the FPP warranty? The write up says 265/70 is max configurable. Some have interpreted this to mean going bigger will void warranty.

I really want to do 285 and have removed crash bars, but I also want the FPP tune and don't want to void warranty.

Help?
Read the Magnuson/Moss Act of 1975. Modifications do not void the truck's warranty unless it is proven that the modification caused the failure. Burden of proof is on the manufacturer. Obviously some common sense is prudent.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Read the Magnuson/Moss Act of 1975. Modifications do not void the truck's warranty unless it is proven that the modification caused the failure. Burden of proof is on the manufacturer. Obviously some common sense is prudent.
True, but just a word of caution. Ford has bunches of lawyers and engineers on staff already on the payroll, most of us don't. Kind of a David vs Goliath situation.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
True, but just a word of caution. Ford has bunches of lawyers and engineers on staff already on the payroll, most of us don't. Kind of a David vs Goliath situation.
You are not wrong but thankfully Ford in not like GM where they will void your engine warranty because a leveling kit and slighly bigger tires cause to much load on the engine and that is why it went...... Yes this actually happend but yet the truck still has a fair tow rating? Glad Ford isnt like that.
Sponsored