First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
This will be great. I was always surprised that the Ranger (and Bronco) has no option for cooled seats. Hopefully the 6G gets these at some point. It looks like a new redesign using liquid cooling instead of the fan cooling they now use.

https://fordauthority.com/2023/01/ford-patent-filed-for-vehicle-seat-with-liquid-cooling/

This Ford patent would change that setup to a liquid cooling method, using a revised seating assembly with a surface that extends over the seat and/or seatback. The system would also contain a fluid mover and fluid transfer member that’s capable of releasing pressurized fluid through a tube when needed, which in turn would cool the seat and its occupant.

It’s unclear if the system depicted in this patent would be capable of improving upon existing systems, but if so, it could very well replace them in the near future, which is something to keep an eye on in the coming years.
1674827668856.png
Sponsored

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
A guy I know had an old F150 Platinum with the cooled seats and never used it cause it was a loud cheap-sounding fan. He hated it. But the Merc ones are apparently fine. I figure either Ford doesn't want to spend the money to make a nice quiet fan or Merc has a patent for it so they can't.

Either way you know it's just gonna leak and future Ford drivers will find themselves wondered if they lost control of their bladders one day while driving.

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
A guy I know had an old F150 Platinum with the cooled seats and never used it cause it was a loud cheap-sounding fan. He hated it. But the Merc ones are apparently fine. I figure either Ford doesn't want to spend the money to make a nice quiet fan or Merc has a patent for it so they can't.

Either way you know it's just gonna leak and future Ford drivers will find themselves wondered if they lost control of their bladders one day while driving.
the ones in the current F150s are pretty quiet. so pretty sure Ford made some improvements along the way.

Still, I get why liquid cooling in a seat would make more sense. However, blowing air does have its advantages, too, even if it might be a more touchy system overall.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Being truck guys how many times have you gotten into your truck with a screwdriver in your back pocket then to realize it after jumping in! Ya, a mess of gel is awaiting you unless they make Kevlar seats

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Being truck guys how many times have you gotten into your truck with a screwdriver in your back pocket then to realize it after jumping in! Ya, a mess of gel is awaiting you unless they make Kevlar seats
I tend to avoid putting pokey/sharp tools in my back pocket. Have never poked a hole in a vehicle seat.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Never. But you're also looking at someone who doesn't carry a wallet either as I hate things in my back pocket especially while sitting down. Actually it's one of the worst things you can do to your back as it throws your hips off while sitting. Especially if yours looks like this one. :shock:?

George Castanza Wallet.jpg

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Never. But you're also looking at someone who doesn't carry a wallet either as I hate things in my back pocket especially while sitting down. Actually it's one of the worst things you can do to your back as it throws your hips off while sitting. Especially if yours looks like this one. :shock:?

George Castanza Wallet.jpg
do you have a man purse instead?

1674836820729.png

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
+1
:curse:

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Saw the title of this thread and thought it was about spilled beverages.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
hmm less swamp ass when its 102 and 80% humidity does sound kinda nice. might even help with leg ball too. but idk. water cooled makes me think its gonna leak. just what i need- did you pee your pants ? nah my ford sprang another leak and the dealer is waiting for authorization to fix. :rolleyes:

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
My only complaints with the ranger are no heated steering wheel and no cooled seats...my mom's '16 Edge Sport has the cooled seats, and they are great. very quiet, and they move just enough air to keep you dry

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Saw the title of this thread and thought it was about spilled beverages.
Thought someone pee'd in their pants !!!!

Anyway, if they come out with it, in later years it will just give them something to delete !!!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat