First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Which of these should I use? I have to disable Apple Car play in order to have Ford Pass. I dont have Ford Pass Connect (for the remote features) bc only the Ford Pass Icon shows up. Should I just use the Apple or is the Pass better for some reason?

It did recognize my Everest VIN and showed the Fuel Level and stuff. Which seems kinda useless.
Sponsored

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what you are trying to do. Ford Pass and Apple CarPlay a re two totally different apps that don’t do the same things.

rojizostang

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger xlt 4x4 sport, 2017 Ford Explorer limited, 2013 Ford F150 RCSB Roush tvs supercharged
He's probably like me, wondering why the instructions for Ford Pass say to disable apple car play when setting up the ford pass app. I did disable apple car play, however on my daughter's 2019 explorer she has both ford pass and apple car play enabled and seems to have no problem. Perhaps someone could shed some light in that regard...as to why the ford pass instructions instruct the disabling of apple car play. Perhaps I should start another thread in that regard?

BRanger

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 301a XLT Cactus Grey
In the US, these two features can exist simultaneously without any issues. To activate ford pass, just create an account, enter VIN, and activate vehicle. Don’t forget to activate ford pass rewards and get your free 42,000 points! It’s about $240 to use in service.

For Apple car play, you should just plug in with a cable that supports data transfer and voila! Accept on screen and phone.

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
If you want to use the ford apps then you do need to disable CarPlay. This will run Waze and accuweather on the normal sync screen as long as those apps are running on your phone. This feature is really not ready for prime time yet. It would be nice if Waze would take over the compass box.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Do you mean the Ford "App" on the SYNC display that brings you back to the Ford SYNC interface when you are in CarPlay? I'm not sure the terminology is correct (and I admit it is a bit confusing)

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
In the US, these two features can exist simultaneously without any issues. To activate ford pass, just create an account, enter VIN, and activate vehicle. Don’t forget to activate ford pass rewards and get your free 42,000 points! It’s about $240 to use in service.

For Apple car play, you should just plug in with a cable that supports data transfer and voila! Accept on screen and phone.
Question please,
How long after you took delivery of your Ranger and activated the rewards program were the 42k points credited to your account?
I've already created an account, waiting on the truck, which I hope to take delivery of next week.
Hoping to use these points on 2 accessories I've on hold at the dealer

BRanger

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you want to use the ford apps then you do need to disable CarPlay. This will run Waze and accuweather on the normal sync screen as long as those apps are running on your phone. This feature is really not ready for prime time yet. It would be nice if Waze would take over the compass box.
I believe you must have a MY2020 or Sync 3.4 for the Apple products to use apps via Bluetooth on Apple products. From my knowledge, Android can do it on 3.3.

BRanger

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question please,
How long after you took delivery of your Ranger and activated the rewards program were the 42k points credited to your account?
I've already created an account, waiting on the truck, which I hope to take delivery of next week.
FordPass has been having issues rolling out the rewards part of it. I purchased truck Dec 17. Tried activating rewards through app but it’s having issues. Had to go online. Points hit Jan 4. Once you make an account, search FordPass rewards in google and it will bring you to owner.ford.com. From there you can accept terms and conditions.

points values in FordPass:
Unavailable means you have not accepted terms and conditions to join rewards.
0 means that you have accepted & system needs to verify your VIN has sold and credit you the points.
42,000 - you know it went through.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
FordPass has been having issues rolling out the rewards part of it. I purchased truck Dec 17. Tried activating rewards through app but it’s having issues. Had to go online. Points hit Jan 4. Once you make an account, search FordPass rewards in google and it will bring you to owner.ford.com. From there you can accept terms and conditions.

points values in FordPass:
Unavailable means you have not accepted terms and conditions to join rewards.
0 means that you have accepted & system needs to verify your VIN has sold and credit you the points.
42,000 - you know it went through.
Thanks, the dealer told me up to 30 days after delivery, I just don't want to keep going back there unless it's absolutely necessary.
In the time frame, you posted my license plates should be ready for pickup.
Appreciate your reply!

SGG

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Medical field
Vehicle Showcase
Question please,
I did everything I was supposed to, but my points wouldn’t come through. I called FordPass at 1(800)336-0486. It came through the next day.

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I believe you must have a MY2020 or Sync 3.4 for the Apple products to use apps via Bluetooth on Apple products. From my knowledge, Android can do it on 3.3.
It would be nice - especially if they can fix the refresh for Waze - if I navigate away from Waze I lose all the roads.

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, the dealer told me up to 30 days after delivery, I just don't want to keep going back there unless it's absolutely necessary.
In the time frame, you posted my license plates should be ready for pickup.
Appreciate your reply!
I did my rewards online also at owners site and had them pretty quickly - I purchased on 12/10 and I want to say I had the points within 2 weeks. it was a nice little surprise the salesmen forgot to tell me.

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Question please,
Since we have the same dealer: they assisted with the activation when I took delivery, and the rewards were visible after a week or two.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
You've had the option to use sync applink from the iPhone / Android since Sync 3.0. You have to be connected via usb to do so on iPhone unlike Android which has been able to send the data via bluetooth.

John Lyman is correct. If you chose to use Fords applink instead of CarPlay, you must disable CarPlay in the settings. Theres really no advantage to this anymore since CarPlay has been running substantially better since Sync 3.3.
Sponsored