Ford Pass Skill on Alexa

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Hey guys, I use a couple of Amazon Echos for home automation. Just found that there is a ford pass skill on there that lets you lock, unlock, and start your vehicle. Pretty cool and has worked 100% for me so far. It will ask you for a verbal pin (a new pin that you create when setting it up) each time you start the truck. No biggie to me but throwing that out there.
Sponsored

technological_marvel

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Ranger LARIAT FX4
Hey guys, I use a couple of Amazon Echos for home automation. Just found that there is a ford pass skill on there that lets you lock, unlock, and start your vehicle. Pretty cool and has worked 100% for me so far. It will ask you for a verbal pin (a new pin that you create when setting it up) each time you start the truck. No biggie to me but throwing that out there.
Perfect, now I can use Alexa to start my truck when I'm in my house and Ford+Alexa to arm my home alarm when I'm in my truck.

OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Yes sir! Its nice being able to hop out of the shower and tell Alexa to open my garage door and start my truck all while putting on my deodorant. It's a good time for technology.

BadRobot65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser 2008
Thanks for the information, I set mine up today and it works perfect Start and Stop

Gibbs314

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat Race Red 4x4
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Very cool feature! If you want to bypass the pin set up a routine using a custom Alexa action. (Scroll all the way down)

This one worked for me.

tell ford pass to start "vehicle name" pin ####

Quotes should be deleted when input

gttafoya

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Electronics Technician
You can do the same thing with Google Assistant routines.

"Hey Google, It's time to make the donuts" opens the garage and starts the truck.

Smlawrence69

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Builder
So I tried setting up the routine so I could avoid having to say the pin using the custom command above but when I run it, she tells me that the pin must be a positive 4-digit number. That's basically what I inputed, 8778, any ideas why she won't accept the pin?
Sponsored