Ford pass rewards

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Is this what everyone is talking about when they say I am using my points to buy this or that?
Is it something you need before buying a Ranger?
I am guessing the points come from the actual purchase of the truck?
Just curious how it works and how much you get from a purchase?
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Is this what everyone is talking about when they say I am using my points to buy this or that?
Is it something you need before buying a Ranger?
I am guessing the points come from the actual purchase of the truck?
Just curious how it works and how much you get from a purchase?
Yes. You get the points by downloading the app, registering it and then purchasing a vehicle is my understanding. And it is a flat 42,000 points for a vehicle purchase - it doesn't matter it you buy a stripped XL or a fully loaded Lariat - you will still get 42,000 points. I don't believe you need to get it before purchasing the Ranger, but at delivery they will probably ask you to download the app and register it.

I read something the other day that this was (in part) a way to offer "free maintenance" for the first two years, to compete with Toyota who has that. Don't know if it is true or not, but it would fit.

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Yes. You get the points by downloading the app, registering it and then purchasing a vehicle is my understanding. And it is a flat 42,000 points for a vehicle purchase - it doesn't matter it you buy a stripped XL or a fully loaded Lariat - you will still get 42,000 points. I don't believe you need to get it before purchasing the Ranger, but at delivery they will probably ask you to download the app and register it.

I read something the other day that this was (in part) a way to offer "free maintenance" for the first two years, to compete with Toyota who has that. Don't know if it is true or not, but it would fit.

Thanks for the reply.

Well probably to compete with Chevy rewards most likely.
Weird Ford does not give two years of free oil changes and tire rotation. Our Toyota and Chevy have two years up to a certain # of coarse..
I am in the process of buying a Ranger and we are close. May not happen since I think they are having a problem finding what I want being so close to end of the years and when the rebates hit they moved pretty fast.

What does 42000 points relate too? What can it b used on ? I have seen people buy parts or engine covers etc with them.

Tangent

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford XL Ranger 4x4 Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply.

Well probably to compete with Chevy rewards most likely.
Weird Ford does not give two years of free oil changes and tire rotation. Our Toyota and Chevy have two years up to a certain # of coarse..
I am in the process of buying a Ranger and we are close. May not happen since I think they are having a problem finding what I want being so close to end of the years and when the rebates hit they moved pretty fast.

What does 42000 points relate too? What can it b used on ? I have seen people buy parts or engine covers etc with them.

I believe it translates to 3 oil changes, or approximately $240.

When I bought my Subaru, they gave me a coupon for 1/2 off an accessory or option add, after I bought it. Held off on the trailer hitch til I had that. Anyway, it's just a marketing gimmick to keep you coming to the dealership. They want you there as often as possible, because "if you stand in a shoe store long enough, you're going to buy some shoes."

But hey, free credit towards parts is still nice. Takes approximately a week after purchase for the points to show up in the app. The dealer has to order parts for you to spend points on them, its not integrated into Ford Parts.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

When I bought my Subaru, they gave me a coupon for 1/2 off an accessory or option add, after I bought it. Held off on the trailer hitch til I had that. Anyway, it's just a marketing gimmick to keep you coming to the dealership. They want you there as often as possible, because "if you stand in a shoe store long enough, you're going to buy some shoes."

But hey, free credit towards parts is still nice. Takes approximately a week after purchase for the points to show up in the app. The dealer has to order parts for you to spend points on them, its not integrated into Ford Parts.
I heard it was something like $208, but somewhere in that neighborhood. I bought the tailgate damper with mine - they charged me $50 and took 10,000 points (although they still haven't been deducted yet).

I think 3 or 4 oil changes was the target.

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4

thank you

Rod f.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I think the free maintenance comes down to the media and how they report 'cost of ownership' over the first two years. Seems every manufacturer is jumping on this train.

Havent used my points yet, but it looks like oil changes cost 11k points.

ed1946

First Name
elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 taurus
Occupation
retired
I think the free maintenance comes down to the media and how they report 'cost of ownership' over the first two years. Seems every manufacturer is jumping on this train.

Havent used my points yet, but it looks like oil changes cost 11k points.
I used the points for a oil change on my taurus and they did deduct around 11k points. All I had to do was give my email address. You do have to be signed up online.

stangertwc

First Name
Thad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX | 2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve used my points all for parts - splash guards / engine cover. My dealer seems to have the process down - what they have to do is process it through a service order / just exclude labor - it was burning a hole in my pocket so I couldn’t wait to use them for service :giggle:

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
A Fordpass point is worth 0.5 cents. The 42,000 points you earn for a vehicle purchase is worth $210.00. Divide your number of points by 200 and that gives you the dollar value.

Tailgunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2014 Camaro
The real reward comes from not installing the app initially. I didn't bother with it when i bought the truck & then a week later ford called me and offered to give $215 if I install their spyware.

Dreadnaught

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I bought the extended warranty which gives me three years of oil changes. Besides service what else can I get with the rewards points?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I bought the extended warranty which gives me three years of oil changes. Besides service what else can I get with the rewards points?
Think of it as a credit - as long as you purchase through the dealership you can get whatever they offer.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I’ve used my points all for parts - splash guards / engine cover. My dealer seems to have the process down - what they have to do is process it through a service order / just exclude labor - it was burning a hole in my pocket so I couldn’t wait to use them for service :giggle:
Same here, installed the app to my Android device, now I'll have to wait till I take delivery of my 2020.
Understandably no points are shown on my account since the dealer and FoMoCo haven't gotten any money from me yet for the truck.
I'll use the points to get a tailgate damper and keyless entry remote pad which I've already ordered from the dealer about a month ago.
Haven't heard from my parts guy there yet, I remember reading somewhere that the wireless pad is on backorder (with remote start capability).
When delivery day does happen, I'll ask the saleman about the points being credited.
Sponsored