Ford membership in forum?

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I kind of understand why Ford does not care. When shopping for the Ranger, everyone (dealers, people online, car reviewers, etc) would always say "Why don't you just get an F150 for the same price, it's bigger and better."
I had a "full size" pickup before purchasing the Ranger. At least for me, bigger is not necessarily better...
Sponsored

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
im not saying ford does not creep on forums but from a purely bizz and money sense i doubt they give a flip about past vehicles. The 5g rangers are obsolete and the sale of them brings no more money to Fo Mo Co. The sales and service of the 5g trucks may bring money to dealers. And if ones luck enough to have a warranty issue that will be taken care of - the 5g trucks cost Fo Mo Co money in warranty labor. So, id guess Ford cares just enough that forum members might be future buyers of current / future models.
What’s sad is that I asked them a simple 6G question on the 6G forum. I would partially understand it if had been about a 5G on the 5G forum. But they haven’t even shipped any 6G’s yet 🤦‍♂️

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Agreed. One can NOT get an F150 for the price of my Ranger, unless you order the most stripped bare bones F150 ever built. When I was truck shopping any F150 that I built on the Ford website was $11K more than my Lariat Ranger Tremor. The only extras I put on an XLT F150 were the V8, max tow and max cargo. Otherwise minimum XLT.

Bought Ranger Lariat and got all the extras that I wanted.

Edit: added the FX4 to the F150 as well.
Bought an XL but added so much stuff that I would have saved money buying a Lariat! =D

20230903_162254.jpg

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
ford won't care about anything but the f150 unless there are major changes in the company, and even there the quality control is managed by the accountants. increasingly I wonder who will make my next truck, it seems less and less likely I'll buy another ford.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
What’s sad is that I asked them a simple 6G question on the 6G forum. I would partially understand it if had been about a 5G on the 5G forum. But they haven’t even shipped any 6G’s yet 🤦‍♂️
that is sad esp since you are a customer in progress. you have pre ordered so they should be happy to answer questions.

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
that is sad esp since you are a customer in progress. you have pre ordered so they should be happy to answer questions.
I don’t have a 6g on order but went there to ask a question about the 6G so it’s not as sad as it could be. I’m sure there are order holders that get the same treatment though.

Fazzie01

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Engineer
But again, if we're being cynical here, Ford would probably rather him get frustrated about his 6g 'order' and just go buy a 60K F150 XLT/Lariat instead.

Fazzie01

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Engineer
ford won't care about anything but the f150 unless there are major changes in the company, and even there the quality control is managed by the accountants. increasingly I wonder who will make my next truck, it seems less and less likely I'll buy another ford.
The longer I own this truck the more I wish I splurged a little more for a ridgeline. I'm not offroading or towing a camper, but I do carry oversized stuff in the bed every weekend and the ridgeline just seems nicer all around for that and daily living. Oh also I wouldn't be in constant dread of how long the trans will last. But alas, this Ranger is my Ranger.

OP
OP
Friday yet?

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I saw something similar on the 6G forum.
"Hey, this id xxxx from Ford customer service. If I can help in any way, let me know."
After a few questions and comments, there was no response from said Ford rep.
Yes the Ford "rep" on the 6G forum is nothing but lip service.

A whole lot of generic customer service responses and "we can't wait to see what you do!"

It is probably one poor CS rep assigned a whole slew of forums to browse in between phone calls.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Yes the Ford "rep" on the 6G forum is nothing but lip service.

A whole lot of generic customer service responses and "we can't wait to see what you do!"

It is probably one poor CS rep assigned a whole slew of forums to browse in between phone calls.
That or a bot that sends out canned responses.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4

Yea me too, IT IS looking less likely it will be a Ford..

It is just my Ranger is so darn comfortable on long trips. I put that above everything else.
I had a Colorado for a while and I loved it but it was not as comfortable as my Ranger. The new Ranger looks to have the same seats. I also wanted a 6 cyl. and that only leaves Ranger, and Frontier or full size. I really do not want a full size.

I am not going to wait 3 years for the Ranger to hit the lots. I need to sit in one first to buy. I mean you still can not get a Maverick or Bronco yet (I am not talking Bronco sport). What makes anyone think it will be better with the Ranger. It really feels like Ford does not care about the Ranger in NA market. For a American company they seem to put NA last. Honestly I think there is a better chance they cancel the Ranger again than it be on the lots in 3 years. If Bronco still sells well and is more profitable they will want the manufacturing space for Broncos. Its run by accountants.

I am also not spending over MSRP. No I never even paid MSRP on any vehicle.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Bought an XL but added so much stuff that I would have saved money buying a Lariat! =D

20230903_162254.jpg
Poor Cheech, in doggie jail...."squirrel..."

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Back when I used to traffic the Mustang forums heavily, we had a VERY active official Ford customer service rep assign Mustang as a brand that has a HUGE enthusiast following compared to their other Ford products. It was at the point where everyone knew her name and would tag her in conversations. She actually helped a lot of folks out back then. Nowadays, I wouldn't doubt if Ford still does this; they use some A.I. tech to cover it.
Sponsored