First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ford really just screwed Bronco order holders again! They put out their new allocation formula yesterday for the '22 year and it's basically screwing over every small dealership that has a Bronco reservation and rewarding big dealerships. Ford initially said the EVERY order would be filled by reservation timestamp but then the larger dealerships complained and Ford changed to an allocation system.

In other words a small town dealership like Granger Ford in IA where me and Jim @wanted33 bought ours who has 1075 orders will only get 150-220 at best filed in 2022. At this rate I'd be lucky to see mine until 2024, right in time for the next Gen Bronco! :mad:

I know I've said I'm a huge Ford fanboy but honestly Ford can go #@!& themself if this is how they're going to treat their customers and their smaller dealers. This is what they want to do going forward, a reservation based system where you have to special order your vehicle and only have limited dealer stock. I know other launches might not be as disastrous as the Bronco launch as there was a 25 year hiatus but it's still a BS move by Ford to change the rules to benefit their big time dealers instead of HONORING their original agreement. There are a lot of unhappy Bronco order holders now and I hope Ford gets an earful in the coming weeks, probably won't do any good though. Sorry for the long rant but it's not the news I wanted to hear this Saturday morning. /rant over....for now :sunglasses:
Sponsored

bearrug

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4, 2023 ford Bronco Sport
Ford really just screwed Bronco order holders again! They put out their new allocation formula yesterday for the '22 year and it's basically screwing over every small dealership that has a Bronco reservation and rewarding big dealerships. Ford initially said the EVERY order would be filled by reservation timestamp but then the larger dealerships complained and Ford changed to an allocation system.

In other words a small town dealership like Granger Ford in IA where me and Jim @wanted33 bought ours who has 1075 orders will only get 150-220 at best filed in 2022. At this rate I'd be lucky to see mine until 2024, right in time for the next Gen Bronco! :mad:

I know I've said I'm a huge Ford fanboy but honestly Ford can go #@!& themself if this is how they're going to treat their customers and their smaller dealers. This is what they want to do going forward, a reservation based system where you have to special order your vehicle and only have limited dealer stock. I know other launches might not be as disastrous as the Bronco launch as there was a 25 year hiatus but it's still a BS move by Ford to change the rules to benefit their big time dealers instead of HONORING their original agreement. There are a lot of unhappy Bronco order holders now and I hope Ford gets an earful in the coming weeks, probably won't do any good though. Sorry for the long rant but it's not the news I wanted to hear this Saturday morning. /rant over....for now :sunglasses:
Sorry Bro for all the bs same crap with me just trying to get my truck fixed, so I gave up and thats why im trading it in for another truck.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Sorry Bro for all the bs same crap with me just trying to get my truck fixed, so I gave up and thats why im trading it in for another truck.
Thanks brother I hope your new truck works out better for you!

I understand Ford had no control with parts constrains last year because of Covid but this is really a crappy move by them. Seeing as so many have held on and waited for their Bronco now they're telling us it could be several more years before we get ours.

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
Just talked to my dealer about my f150 lightning reservation and was told no more reservations for launch vehicles…apparently it was so screwed up with the Bronco launch. How this effects the lightning I don’t know.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ford, a mega corporation catering to those with mega pockets? Color me shocked.

Sucks man, I'm glad I didn't order a bronco.
Yeah I guess I'm not shocked, just disappointed. I always knew mine was going to be a MY'22 but realistically it could be a MY'24 based on these allocations.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just talked to my dealer about my f150 lightning reservation and was told no more reservations for launch vehicles…apparently it was so screwed up with the Bronco launch. How this effects the lightning I don’t know.
What a mess. What baffles me is why not just do what they said they were going to in the first place? Use the timestamp as your place holder and build them in order. If there's a parts constraint for a certain build go to the next timestamp and come back to the other one once the parts are available. :crazy:

bearrug

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4, 2023 ford Bronco Sport
What a mess. What baffles me is why not just do what they said they were going to in the first place? Use the timestamp as your place holder and build them in order. If there's a parts constraint for a certain build go to the next timestamp and come back to the other one once the parts are available. :crazy:
That would be the fair way to do it, but I guess they dont give a rats a$$ about it.

wxsquid

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor

and…. This is why I said the heck with it and got a Tremor.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That would be the fair way to do it, but I guess they dont give a rats a$$ about it.
Yeah it seems like common sense isn't so common anymore. lol

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Wow - that really sucks and is a weird turn of events. Sometimes it feels like big companies are so disconnected from their customers. I wonder who thought this would go over well with customers? I get that the big dealers will like it, but customers? A HUGE slap in the face, IMO.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
and…. This is why I said the heck with it and got a Tremor.
Smart move Doug and at least now you're enjoying your Tremor instead of being frustrated like so many. :explode: I'm just glad I already have my Ranger and didn't NEED a Bronco, I wanted one. I'm still hoping something changes and Ford does the right thing but I sure won't be holding my breath.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Wow - that really sucks and is a weird turn of events. Sometimes it feels like big companies are so disconnected from their customers. I wonder who thought this would go over well with customers? I get that the big dealers will like it, but customers? A HUGE slap in the face, IMO.
I really hope a lot jump ship and buy another vehicle and/or cancel their order. For now I will leave mine in place and see how things play out in the coming months but I'm not waiting indefinitely for a toy. I don't have that kind of patience. ?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I love what the owner of Granger Ford is doing. They also own a Jeep dealership right next door and are offering their order holders a Jeep instead at 4% under invoice. lol

Buy a Wrangler/Gladiator at 4% Under Invoice – if you are tired of the Bronco ride, we can offer you a Wrangler/Gladiator purchase at 4% under invoice and have it delivered to our store in 60-90 days. 2022 Wrangler and Gladiator ordering opened yesterday. Email [email protected] and we’ll be happy to send you a quote.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Manufacturing is an absolute disaster right now. From parts to assembly to delivery. I don’t see it getting better to mid 2022 if things start to improve soon.
Manufacturers will take care of the larger dealers because they have more to lose and more to gain. Sad but that’s big business.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.