Ford Halts Production of the F-150 Lightning EV. That’s a Plus for Rivian.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/02/24/for...oduction-another-week-after-battery-fire.html

I also saw a few more recalls and Ford tops the list for recalls.
Honestly recalls do not bother me as long as they fix the issues, issues happen it all about how a company handles it when there is a problem. I just hate when companies deny their is a issue.

I am loosing confidence in Ford though.

I was waiting to see how this next gen plays out.

I was scanning through the pricing a new Colorado and holy crap nice truck but by the time you price it out it is soooooo expensive. The option packages are stupid. It is like nothing is standard anymore. It looks to me like if I am reading it right 120v outlet not standard and rear defrost. I mean 120v outlet and heated seats are not even available on Trail boss at all, that is bull. Trail boss looked great till that. I live in WI and heated seats are great. I could get a full size truck for less with may more options. I do not want a full size truck.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/02/24/for...oduction-another-week-after-battery-fire.html

I also saw a few more recalls and Ford tops the list for recalls.
Honestly recalls do not bother me as long as they fix the issues, issues happen it all about how a company handles it when there is a problem. I just hate when companies deny their is a issue.

I am loosing confidence in Ford though.

I was waiting to see how this next gen plays out.

I was scanning through the pricing a new Colorado and holy crap nice truck but by the time you price it out it is soooooo expensive. The option packages are stupid. It is like nothing is standard anymore. I could get a full size truck for less with may more options. I do not want a full size truck.
That's where they get you, for the same or just a little more you can get a full size truck. That's great IF you need one but I have no use for one anymore. You're right though these mid size trucks are now more expensive than a full size was just a few years ago.

I also built a few different Colorados and if you compare the ZR2 to the Tremor they're pretty close in price. What I like is that you get cooled seats, trailer brake control is standard and a sunroof as an option. Also you can add beadlock capable wheels and the Desert Boss package has a bumper that's winch capable too. There's several good packages they offer if you want them where Ford doesn't even offer these.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
That's where they get you, for the same or just a little more you can get a full size truck. That's great IF you need one but I have no use for one anymore. You're right though these mid size trucks are now more expensive than a full size was just a few years ago.

I also built a few different Colorados and if you compare the ZR2 to the Tremor they're pretty close in price. What I like is that you get cooled seats, trailer brake control is standard and a sunroof as an option. Also you can add beadlock capable wheels and the Desert Boss package has a bumper that's winch capable too. There's several good packages they offer if you want them where Ford doesn't even offer these.

I had edited my post above, you must have replied before.
I was looking at the trail boss. 120 volt outlet can not even be had on it not even as a option and the same with heated seats and I am in Wisconsin. Just stupid things that make no sense.

ZR2 is a great truck especially if you off road with dual lockers it maybe the most off-road worthy midsize. I do some light off road most trails so a little overkill for me. there can be some deep mud though.

Probably wrong thread for the discussion. I do not have access to the new forum. I wish they would have just included it in this site or allowed the same log in.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I had edited my post above, you must have replied before.
I was looking at the trail boss. 120 volt outlet can not even be had on it not even as a option and the same with heated seats and I am in Wisconsin. Just stupid things that make no sense.

ZR2 is a great truck especially if you off road with dual lockers it maybe the most off-road worthy midsize. I do some light off road most trails so a little overkill for me. there can be some deep mud though.

Probably wrong thread for the discussion. I do not have access to the new forum. I wish they would have just included it in this site or allowed the same log in.
I think they were trying to keep the Trail Boss at a reasonable price and simple as far as options.

You've been here since 2019 and your sign in should be the same on the new 6G site as it is here. You could try contacting the Admin and asking why it's not working because all the rest seem to be.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I think they were trying to keep the Trail Boss at a reasonable price and simple as far as options.

You've been here since 2019 and your sign in should be the same on the new 6G site as it is here. You could try contacting the Admin and asking why it's not working because all the rest seem to be.

Hey thanks I did not know they were the same.
Still wish they combined so this one does not completely die.
Just have a 5g and 6G subforums.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hey thanks I did not know they were the same.
Still wish they combined so this one does not completely die.
Just have a 5g and 6G subforums.
I think because the 6G was released overseas already and there's a lot of ROTW Ranger owners on the 6G site now. It's nice to see them and getting feedback from the new 6G and the Ranger Raptor which looks sweet!!

Black Ranger Raptor.png

Black Ranger Raptor2.png

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Anyway back on topic. I think Ford needs more testing of there product. More people testing to. These problems just are not being caught. it is eaither that or they just do not care.

I test products for a company different hobby. You know we found some problems on a new product and they didn't listen and released it and it plagued them for years and had a hard time over coming the bad reputation that product had. The product was great and was super innovative. I get you can only do so much testing and eventually have to release a product and money is lost on testing and nothing is being made. Rushing a product to market though can cost more.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I think because the 6G was released overseas already and there's a lot of ROTW Ranger owners on the 6G site now. It's nice to see them and getting feedback from the new 6G and the Ranger Raptor which looks sweet!!

Black Ranger Raptor.png

Black Ranger Raptor2.png

I really do like the look of the Raptor. The others models seem just ok to me. I like it is 6 cyl. it is what I miss about my Colorado.

I really like the look of the Colorado and especially the GMC Canyon. For me long term Chevy ownership has always bit me in the butt.

I also like the Frontier look. It is just personal preference. If we all liked the same thing it would be boring. The new Ranger might grow on me, I was not to excited about the look of the current Ranger at first either.

I know for me the Raptor is a little out there for me in cost. No issues with those that want to spend that kind of money I am just getting nearer retirement. I also like to tinker and change stuff and honestly not much to change on it. LOL maybe I should buy the Raptor it just be cheaper than another expensive hobby.

At first I was thinking the Nissan because of a 6 cyl non turbo. But it just seems a little small for me especially the back seat.

I really want my next vehicle to be around a while. I really want reliability. I really have not been known to keep my vehicles long. I like trying different trucks but that is going to change now.

At this point I am sticking with my Ranger for a bit to see how it all plays out. Price settles down, any problems that creep up.

Last edited:

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Link to autoweek article on GM and Ford pickup shutdowns, and an excerpt regards EVs fires, but since EV fires are some yet undetermined multiple more difficult to extinguish, maybe 1 EV fire should be the equivalent of 2 ICE blazes ?

"This event shouldn't necessarily stoke your fears about electric cars. Analysis of NTSB data and insurance claims shows that battery-electric vehicles are only responsible for 25 fires per 100,000 sales, as compared to 1530 fires per 100,000 internal-combustion vehicles. Still, fires from EVs are often more difficult to extinguish thanks to the burning temperature of lithium-ion batteries."

I searched but couldn't find any statistics comparing bridge collapses caused by ICE vs EV.

https://www.autoweek.com/news/industry-news/a43100897/ford-gm-pickup-truck-production-shutdown/?source=nl&utm_source=nl_aut&utm_medium=email&date=030123&utm_campaign=nl30696922&user_email=1b7d6d94f8ddd79cba928d27f7458ce56849843dbea6c234e9f591bfcb7fde7a&GID=1b7d6d94f8ddd79cba928d27f7458ce56849843dbea6c234e9f591bfcb7fde7a&utm_term=AAA -- High Minus Dormant and 90 Day Non Openers

Also AZscorpion had posted on a CATL/Ford battery plant in MI , (pic in article of CEO Farley caressing an F-150 lightning) , in today's Denver Post an article saying the area is competing for a 775,000 Amprius silicon anode lith-ion battery plant, this piqued my interest in EV battery plant investments in the US - according to NPR in 2022 alone investments totaled $73 billion. So those who have said on here follow the money - wise men, it won't happen overnight but with the level of investments going into EV production and battery plants - it's telling. and a number of EV and EV battery plants are planned or being built in states that are litigants in the CARB suit - places like Texas, Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee .

https://www.npr.org/2022/12/30/1145844885/2022-ev-battery-plants

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
AUTOS
Ford looks to boost gas-powered F-150 production, sticks to targets for EV version

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/03/for...duction-sticks-to-targets-for-ev-version.html
I'm glad to see they're still looking for ways to boost their ICE & hybrid versions and not solely concentrate on EVs. Personally I'd love to see more hybrid versions as I think that's way more beneficial for most drivers right now. I know there's been talk about a Bronco EV & hybrid so depending on what I do with my next truck a hybrid Bronco might be in the cards? Hopefully by then the craziness will have worn off and I can actually get one. lol

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I'm glad to see they're still looking for ways to boost their ICE & hybrid versions and not solely concentrate on EVs. Personally I'd love to see more hybrid versions as I think that's way more beneficial for most drivers right now. I know there's been talk about a Bronco EV & hybrid so depending on what I do with my next truck a hybrid Bronco might be in the cards? Hopefully by then the craziness will have worn off and I can actually get one. lol

I agree 100 percent especially on Hybrid's. At least you have a gas backup and can recharge while you drive. I am in a cold climate too and well we know what happens to batteries when it is 20 below. I am not against EV at all to each his own what ever some one wants is ok with me.. Plus it adds competition to oil. That said I have thought about a hydrid for us because we do some long trips and the better gas mileage would save us some money.

I am not sure I would go hybrid on my truck but for Sandy's vehicle maybe. Maybe I would consider it for my truck, I do not know. For me the higher prices just did not justify the purchase yet. Good to see what Ford did with the Maverick. Hopefully it persuades them more towards this rout and it seems it may have.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I agree 100 percent especially on Hybrid's. At least you have a gas backup and can recharge while you drive. I am in a cold climate too and well we know what happens to batteries when it is 20 below. I am not against EV at all to each his own what ever some one wants is ok with me.. Plus it adds competition to oil. That said I have thought about a hydrid for us because we do some long trips and the better gas mileage would save us some money.

I am not sure I would go hybrid on my truck but for Sandy's vehicle maybe. Maybe I would consider it for my truck, I do not know. For me the higher prices just did not justify the purchase yet. Good to see what Ford did with the Maverick. Hopefully it persuades them more towards this rout and it seems it may have.
The heat is also murder on batteries. Heck my first truck battery only lasted 18 months and the one in my Tacoma died around 22 months. Most of our commutes are in the local area so except for traveling a hybrid would work great for us. Plus Annie works from home now so her commute is from the bed room to the front of the house. lol
Sponsored