Ford Connect

Dan Kobler

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT SuperCrew 302A 4x4
When I was in visiting my dealer they mentioned that Ford was moving away from the free for 5 years model on all 2019 vehicles. That now you only will get one year free then it will be a subscription type service after the first year in order to have all the features of Ford Connect. Has anyone else heard anything similar to this or heard anything on Subscription pricing?
Sponsored

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
When I was in visiting my dealer they mentioned that Ford was moving away from the free for 5 years model on all 2019 vehicles. That now you only will get one year free then it will be a subscription type service after the first year in order to have all the features of Ford Connect. Has anyone else heard anything similar to this or heard anything on Subscription pricing?
These two lines are from the "additional disclosures" section of the 500A info box on the Ford Ranger build site:
170. SYNC Connect includes service for five years from the vehicle sale date as recorded by the dealer. The Wi-Fi hotspot includes a trial subscription of three months or three gigabytes – whichever comes first. After the trial subscription, a wireless service plan is required for the Wi-Fi hotspot. FordPass™ is available on the App Store® or Google Play™. Message and data rates may apply. App Store is a service mark of Apple, Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google, Inc. Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance®.
171. SYNC 3/FordPass Connect are available features. Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones. Wi-Fi requires FordPass Connect, which includes complimentary 1-year subscription for remote features, excluding Wi-Fi hotspot, and starts with vehicle sale date. Subscription is subject to compatible 4G network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks may affect future functionality. Certain restrictions, third-party terms, or message/data rates may apply. Wi-Fi hotspot includes complimentary wireless data trial that begins upon AT&T activation and expires at the end of 3 months or when 3GB of data is used, whichever comes first, but cannot extend beyond the complimentary subscription period for remote features. To activate, go to www.att.com/ford. FordPass smartphone app is compatible with select smartphone platforms available via download. Google and logos are trademarks of Google Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Requires phone with active data service and compatible software. SYNC does not control third-party products while in use. Third parties are solely responsible for the respective functionality. Android Auto and logo are trademarks of Google Inc. Apple CarPlay is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries
Yes, I'm still confused.

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
These two lines are from the "additional disclosures" section of the 500A info box on the Ford Ranger build site:

Yes, I'm still confused.
I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Sponsored