FoMoCo Hitch Install ?‍♂️

Slackout

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
I decided to use my Ford Pass Rewards points from buying my Ranger. The hitch came down to about $200. I figured that I would pay that, even though U-Haul, Curt, and E-Trailer aftermarket hitches were cheaper. I wanted to stay OEM…

Got it home and realized that it was going to be a lot more involved than what I thought. Instead of slapping an aftermarket hitch up in about 30 minutes with four bolts, it became a half day long project, which could have been because I dont do it everyday.

You basically take off the whole rear bumper. This includes taking off the rear sensors, registration lights, the 4-pin hook-up. Then, you reattach everything to the new hitch.

Even though there were no Youtube videos or any other forums where someone had went with OEM, everything went well and there were no hick-ups.

All-in-all I like the hitch, but I would recommend going aftermarket.

48938854-97C9-482D-ACC4-CAC4A2726ACC.jpeg

779E0643-D449-41A7-9F25-CC051E169031.jpeg

Sponsored

LB'sTremor

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT
Removing the stepad without breaking any of the plastic tabs was a bitch for me! (broke a couple but it went back on ok) Did you get the OE Tow harness and the 4/7 pin connector?

LB

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Now comes the fun part. There's so many hitch accessories to choose from.

It's not only for towing. ?

91WOMUDsaDL._AC_SX425_.jpg
That would come in handy when your stuck in stopped traffic on the x-way due to an accident. Just sitting for a long time , not moving...ya gotta go, well now you can go !!! ?

OP
OP
Slackout

Slackout

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
Removing the stepad without breaking any of the plastic tabs was a bitch for me! (broke a couple but it went back on ok) Did you get the OE Tow harness and the 4/7 pin connector?

LB
Same here. There was a couple tabs on the inside center of the step pad that broke, and there was no way to prevent it. I only went with the OE 4 pin connector.
Sponsored