First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Self Employed Property Manager
Has anyone installed a Fisher HS Snow plow on their Ranger? I am looking at one because the cost of having a plow company plow my driveway is getting to be very expensive.

Any photos would be appreciated.

Thank you
Sponsored

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
How long is your driveway? I have a short but inclined driveway and use a Snowsport passive plow that mounts to the rear hitch with no hydraulics or electrical hookups. DR sells the same thing that can mount to a front hitch.
https://www.agricover.com/snowsport/

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger pickup 2019 subaru
a plow will beat the hell out of your truck ... been there and got the tee shirt ... always kept a older no plate truck to do this deed.. till i got the tractor and blower

OP
OP
dmjr77

dmjr77

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Self Employed Property Manager
I don't have a long driveway. I have 2 driveways. One driveway is for my house which is an average driveway with a walkway and then I have a large area that surround my 30 x 50 garage. That setup would not work for my application because I have to push the snow back from away from everything.

Okinawa Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302, 2022 Ranger XLT/Splash/FX4
Occupation
Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Shop Owner
Has anyone installed a Fisher HS Snow plow on their Ranger? I am looking at one because the cost of having a plow company plow my driveway is getting to be very expensive.

Any photos would be appreciated.

Thank you
I think the Ranger would be a great vehicle for plowing your own snow. I wouldn't use it commercially.

I plowed with an 86 F-150 with a Western 7.5' pro plow back in the 90's. Not recommended they said. Yeah right. Outside of a clutch once a year, truck held up great!

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
I am Upstate N.Y and in the last ten years have only needed to plow twice, remember that 41 inch snow fall we got two years ago, a plow on my truck wouldnt have been much help anyway! I have a 400 foot driveway, paying to have it plowed or have someone come in with a bucket loader is out of the question! so if its anything less than 2 foot of snow, 4 wheel drive 4L gets me out just fine, I know packed snow turns into ice... so what, I go 10 inches to the right or left and I am back in snow, if the whole driveway is ice I will go out over the front yard LOL
Its that F***ING berm at the end I have to go over from the county plows that pisses me off, but I blast through that like the Ad for Koolaid ....
I bought an old 1952 Ford 8N tractor with the bucket option and back blade for less then a plow, in fact at $1000 it was cheaper than a big snowblower LOL

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
a plow will beat the hell out of your truck ... been there and got the tee shirt ... always kept a older no plate truck to do this deed.. till i got the tractor and blower
it’s the way I went as well and to be Capt Obvious, the manual states no plow.

IMG_6367.jpeg

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I don't have a long driveway. I have 2 driveways. One driveway is for my house which is an average driveway with a walkway and then I have a large area that surround my 30 x 50 garage. That setup would not work for my application because I have to push the snow back from away from everything.
Gotcha. Also I didn't know you were addressing me, please use the Reply button when replying to a particular post.

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Gotcha. Also I didn't know you were addressing me, please use the Reply button when replying to a particular post.
Sometimes we just goof up. I had to edit out the wrong quote on one of my posts just 2 days ago.
Sponsored