First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SuperCab XLT FX4 Cyber Orange
Occupation
Software Engineer
I took the new Ranger out for our first shakedown drive yesterday. I gotta say, I'm pretty excited about this truck. I found some nice rough country roads with hills and curves to put it through its paces and get the engine running up and down through the rev band. I got on the brakes hard a few times to bed in the rotors and pads, and after that there was none of the weird jerkiness in stopping that I felt when I drove it home from the dealer. I thought the FX4 suspension was superb on really crappy pavement at around 50 mph. It just ate up the bumps. Much smoother than my recently departed Jeep Wrangler, and still not at all wallowy like some reviews I read described it. And, most important of all, my sweetie loves the new truck. She loves the Cyber Orange (which to be honest, I'm still getting accustomed to). She was really excited about the power adjustable seats, and if it hadn't been 80 degrees warm out, she would have turned on the heated seat. We both agreed this is the must luxurious vehicle we've owned. So comfortable on the freeway too, and I got to try out the adaptive cruise control which surprised me at how useful that feature is. Hopefully, we'll be trying out the 4wd soon.

IMG_3221.jpg

IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3232.jpg
Sponsored

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
I took the new Ranger out for our first shakedown drive yesterday. I gotta say, I'm pretty excited about this truck. I found some nice rough country roads with hills and curves to put it through its paces and get the engine running up and down through the rev band. I got on the brakes hard a few times to bed in the rotors and pads, and after that there was none of the weird jerkiness in stopping that I felt when I drove it home from the dealer. I thought the FX4 suspension was superb on really crappy pavement at around 50 mph. It just ate up the bumps. Much smoother than my recently departed Jeep Wrangler, and still not at all wallowy like some reviews I read described it. And, most important of all, my sweetie loves the new truck. She loves the Cyber Orange (which to be honest, I'm still getting accustomed to). She was really excited about the power adjustable seats, and if it hadn't been 80 degrees warm out, she would have turned on the heated seat. We both agreed this is the must luxurious vehicle we've owned. So comfortable on the freeway too, and I got to try out the adaptive cruise control which surprised me at how useful that feature is. Hopefully, we'll be trying out the 4wd soon.

IMG_3221.jpg

IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3232.jpg
That is one cool looking truck!!!! Keep posting pics. Honestly think I would have bought one it were on the lot when I purchased last mo.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Awesome photo's, thanks for sharing.

Back in the day we would call that color "Ford Gum Yellow"...

Ford confuses me with their color names... when I see your truck I see yellow, not orange?

Last edited:

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the new truck. I'm wanting to see that color in person. Looks pretty similar to the Tangerine Scream color from a Focus ST
Tangerine changed a lot depending on the amount of light.

1611153074245.png
IMG_20160613_203339123_HDR.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

IMG_3221.jpg

IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3232.jpg
First off Congrats on your new Ranger! :like: They are very comfortable and it still surprises me how quick and fast this little 2.3 is.

Now darn you...Looking at your Ranger I'm now second guessing the color for my Bronco. When I saw the first video it had the CO Bronco going through the desert and I loved it. Not being able to see one in person I decided on OJ White but I might have to change it again. Lucky I have a '22 and will be able to see some real world ones by then.

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
First off Congrats on your new Ranger! :like: They are very comfortable and it still surprises me how quick and fast this little 2.3 is.

Now darn you...Looking at your Ranger I'm now second guessing the color for my Bronco. When I saw the first video it had the CO Bronco going through the desert and I loved it. Not being able to see one in person I decided on OJ White but I might have to change it again. Lucky I have a '22 and will be able to see some real world ones by then.
Decisions Decisions LOL !

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Decisions Decisions LOL !
Bret, My dealers is going to hate me before this is all done. lol I've changed my build 3 times already and now the order banks are open through March 19th. I'm thinking I should just wait until the 18th to order mine. ?

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired mechanic
Bret, My dealers is going to hate me before this is all done. lol I've changed my build 3 times already and now the order banks are open through March 19th. I'm thinking I should just wait until the 18th to order mine. ?
LMAO I know what you mean . I havnt done a deposit yet as I keep changing my mind.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
LMAO I know what you mean . I havnt done a deposit yet as I keep changing my mind.
Well the good thing is they will be a '22 so you can re-submit your order again for that year and make changes. The bad thing is there will be new colors and options so it'll be even more confusing. :crazy:

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired mechanic
Well the good thing is they will be a '22 so you can re-submit your order again for that year and make changes. The bad thing is there will be new colors and options so it'll be even more confusing. :crazy:
The colors are the tricky part.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The colors are the tricky part.
You're not kidding. That's why I just went with white for now and I really do like it. The CGI pictures are not a good match at all. You really have to see these colors on a Bronco because every vehicle takes on a different look. Just put the colors you like in a hat and let your wife pick one for now. ?