Dairychuk

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger
My first door ding :eek:

I know the first one always stings the most and it makes me angry because I always go out of my way to park as far away from people as possible BUT for some reason it seems like people take that as an invitation to park right beside me! I know it’s not that bad but I was wondering if anyone can give me advice on getting it repaired and/or if it’s even worth it. Thanks.
6840E1E2-0C8E-4AC5-943D-5D7838A4DE01.jpeg
Sponsored

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
Try a painless dent removal expert in your area. They are pretty impressive. I got my first and only one when my wife swung the door open into the corner of a concrete block.. but to her defense I did roll into a concrete wall letting off the brake in park the other day and got a few scratches on the bumper so we're even now.. Win some/lose some.

OP
OP
Dairychuk

Dairychuk

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger
Try a painless dent removal expert in your area. They are pretty impressive. I got my first and only one when my wife swung the door open into the corner of a concrete block.. but to her defense I did roll into a concrete wall letting off the brake in park the other day and got a few scratches on the bumper so we're even now.. Win some/lose some.
will do, was just looking up some before/after pictures on google and im pretty amazed

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
I've got a line of three dents down the middle of my driver's door from someone opening their door into it.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Man, our Ranger has two from our boys opening the door from our Honda Pilot into it. At least that is what I tell myself so I do not get too mad. It is about the perfect height to be the pilot.

What bugs me is the Pilot got such a bad door ding it took it down to the metal. We were at a Vegas Golden Knight game so either someone was drunk or the wind pushed their door out of their hand. We get some decent winds.

Otherwise, I try not to let them get to me. The Pilot has many, surprised the truck in almost a year only has the ones I mentioned.

OP
OP
Dairychuk

Dairychuk

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger
Man, our Ranger has two from our boys opening the door from our Honda Pilot into it. At least that is what I tell myself so I do not get too mad. It is about the perfect height to be the pilot.

What bugs me is the Pilot got such a bad door ding it took it down to the metal. We were at a Vegas Golden Knight game so either someone was drunk or the wind pushed their door out of their hand. We get some decent winds.

Otherwise, I try not to let them get to me. The Pilot has many, surprised the truck in almost a year only has the ones I mentioned.
I'm just thankful the ding isn't down to the metal, hopefully it should be an easy fix?

Do you have any plans to have the dents fixed on either?

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i know how frustrating that is when others beat up your nice ride.
but, now that her cherry is popped, just treat it like a truck and not let it get you down.

[easy to say when it is not mine]

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
I'm just thankful the ding isn't down to the metal, hopefully it should be an easy fix?

Do you have any plans to have the dents fixed on either?
Some of the paintless dent repair guys work miracles. I worked at a Benz dealer a few years and have seen impressive work. I'm personally not going to repair the dents but I have been wanting to just use a touchup paint to get the metal covered.

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
PDR can work wonders.

Accidents happen but most people know they damage others vehicles and just blow it off. ?

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I don't have any yet, and am installing sliders/steps to prevent said dings, let them get the dents :)

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Yes I will agree the painless dent removal people are great. I had three in my Ford Fusion Hybrid and they were gone. I couldn't go back and tell where they were. They do great work on tire rims too.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
any plans to fix?
Yeah, I'll take it to the same paintess dent guy who fixed my hood when I hit a turkey the second week I owned it. Might as well wait till spring now.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Well, when my wife and I lived in apartments with tight parking she use to think the only way to know she was fully in her parking area was to hit the side of my car with her's. And we're not talking about hitting it with her door, it was the front bumper as she drove into the spot to park. She messed the fender up on that car to the point I could not open the passenger door without pulling the fender out. That was the 84 Civic that I sold and 10-11 years later bought back. At the time she drove an 86 Civic 4 door.

Last edited:

andybj

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat, Rapid Red
I'm sorry about your door ding, but amazed that your paint didn't chip. The absolute worst thing about my ranger is the paint. Without a doubt the worst paint of any vehicle I've owned. Maybe it's just the rapid red color. I do believe I have more chips in 30k then my last 3 vehicles combined. Which accounts to about 400k miles of driving.
Sponsored