Firestone Destination le3

Pinski66

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Just wanted to know what you guys think of the Firestone Destination le3. I have a Tremor and I love its versatility as it is my main vehicle. I bought a set of take offs and id like to get a lighter road tire for summer that would help mileage on road trips. I would have the grabbers for off roading and winter. The destination le3 looks like it has the same load ratings as the general grabbers and is 7 pounds lighter. Would be interested in your opinions. Link to specs,

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Grabber+A/TX&partnum=67TR7GRATXRWLV2
Sponsored

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
I would most certainly choose a 7 pound lighter tire for everyday on-road driving. That’s a huge difference.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I can't speak too much for the Firestone destination le3 but I can't speak for the le2. Years ago I did put a set on my old S15 Jimmy and to say the least I did like them. They seem to want to Grab & Go for no real effort and wet traction was amazing. How was it for snow? I have no idea because I didn't have to deal with any snow during the time I had it. I wouldn't be surprised though if the le3 does a better job with snow versus the Grabbers. But why do I say that? Well the Firestone Destination line somehow seems to do well with snow and I have run on a set of Grabbers out here in Colorado and it ended up costing me to go into a rollover which was not fun. My suggestion go ahead and get the destination le3 and put them on the other wheels that you bought. When your general Grabbers where out I recommend going with the destination XT. If you look at a recent Fred that I just started you will see a lot of information from it.

TJMarchand

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT / 1984 Monte Carlo SS
I have driven a Jeep with the LE2 on it, no bad things to say. The LE3 is a very highly regarded tire and like Frenchy said I'm assuming whatever changes would only make it better. I would look at the Continental Terrain Contact H/T or the Destination LE3 for a street tire.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
They were on my short list but mounted Michelin’s instead.
I’ve had good luck with Firestone in the past.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I swapped my stock tires for new ones that were about 7 pounds heavier and it only cost me about 1 mpg, so I figure that is about all you will save. That equates to saving about one gallon per fill up, and at an estimated $3 a gallon it will take you well over 200 fill ups (over 70,000 miles) just to break even on the wheels/tires. And much longer if you are only running them part time. So, it’s going to much more cost effective just to run the grabbers.

tfisher15

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, Supercrew, 4x4; 69 Firebird Conv
Occupation
Retired
Just wanted to know what you guys think of the Firestone Destination le3. I have a Tremor and I love its versatility as it is my main vehicle. I bought a set of take offs and id like to get a lighter road tire for summer that would help mileage on road trips. I would have the grabbers for off roading and winter. The destination le3 looks like it has the same load ratings as the general grabbers and is 7 pounds lighter. Would be interested in your opinions. Link to specs,

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Grabber+A/TX&partnum=67TR7GRATXRWLV2
I put a set of Destination Le3’s on my Ranger about a month ago. Since I drive almost entirely on interstate highways or paved secondary roads. The tires have been fine thus far. They are quiet, handle well on dry and wet roads, and respond quickly to steering changes. I have not tried them on snow yet, since I live in TN. I can recommend them for those who drive mainly on paved roads.

SilverXLT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT , CC 2WD
I put a set of Destination Le3’s on my Ranger about a month ago. Since I drive almost entirely on interstate highways or paved secondary roads. The tires have been fine thus far. They are quiet, handle well on dry and wet roads, and respond quickly to steering changes. I have not tried them on snow yet, since I live in TN. I can recommend them for those who drive mainly on paved roads.
What size did you go with? LE3's are at the top of my short list. Thanks

Dalton Bourne

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
Occupation
engineer
They were on my shortlist and have Michelin. Firestone Destination LE3 is praised for its smooth ride, good speed, and durability. I did a small comparison of Firestone Destination LE3 vs Michelin Defender and found that Destination LE3 would often take a notch against Defender tires with about revolutions per mile and tire weight. But Michelin is also a winner at durability warranty, Defender offers a top-of-the-line 90,000 miles of tread wear potential.
Sponsored

Last edited: