Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone running the Firestone Destination A/T2 on their Ranger? Looking to upgrade to 265/70R17 size.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP
peterson1604

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
I have these. I would avoid them. They ride very rough. I've already had one replaced under warranty for a slipped belt at 300 mi. Now at 3,200 mi. the trucks shaking again. I think another one went bad. They're also crap in the snow. With 3" of snow the Ranger couldn't back out of the driveway without digging a path out. But the VW Beetle made it out fine. I can't wait to get them off.
Do you have the newer version with all the sipes in it or the previous version? They made major changes to the tire last year.

machinist85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I bought them last November from Tire Rack so I'm guessing it's the newest version.

tire.jpg

OP
OP
peterson1604

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
I bought them last November from Tire Rack so I'm guessing it's the newest version.

tire.jpg
I'm surprised they're not very good in the snow being their weather rated and have a lot of siping.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired

tire.jpg
Those remind me of the Goodyear Wrangler SR-A's on my wife's Wrangler. Nice pavement ride but pretty horrible in regard to snow traction. But at least the Wranglers aren't self destructing.

machinist85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I'm surprised they're not very good in the snow being their weather rated and have a lot of siping.
That was the main reason I bought them. I almost bought Cooper Discoverer AT3's instead. Now I'm kicking myself in the ass for it. They have perfect traction in heavy rain and have never hydroplaned. But horrible in snow. I would live with them if it wasn't for the defects. I think the replacement tire is the one with another slipped belt.

Silverfox

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 xlt sport 4x4
Occupation
Tech
Now I’m confused. I did a lot of research to find replacement tires and the at2’s are what I decided on. Every review I’ve seen plus the Tire Rack ratings are excellent.

machinist85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Now I’m confused. I did a lot of research to find replacement tires and the at2’s are what I decided on. Every review I’ve seen plus the Tire Rack ratings are excellent.
I tried to leave a negative review on Tire Rack that was well within their guidelines and they never posted it. I tried twice. I asked them why and never got a response. I don't think Tire Rack allows very many negative reviews.

OP
OP
peterson1604

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Same here. All the reviews I found on several different sites have them being a pretty good tire. I like the XT version also but they are a lot heavier.

machinist85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
For those interested I had another tire go bad. They tried to rebalance it and it needed over 7oz of weight. Replacement tire only needed 1-1/4oz.

another bad tire.png

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
I know the thread is about the firestones, but I have the same size general grabber atx and I absolutely love them so far

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
My 2016 Jeep Cherokee came with Firestone Destination tires from the factory and they were horrible on snow.

OP
OP
peterson1604

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
I know the thread is about the firestones, but I have the same size general grabber atx and I absolutely love them so far
I would have went with the Grabbers but they have a reputation for throwing stones and I work on a gravel road. I'm trying to avoid paint chips.

OP
OP
peterson1604

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
For those interested I had another tire go bad. They tried to rebalance it and it needed over 7oz of weight. Replacement tire only needed 1-1/4oz.

another bad tire.png
I see these were for the AT2 and not the XTs.

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
I would have went with the Grabbers but they have a reputation for throwing stones and I work on a gravel road. I'm trying to avoid paint chips.
You’re not wrong on that lol. Have you looked at the Falken Wildpeak a/t3w? Theyre supposed to be amazing
Sponsored

Last edited: