Electrical Engineer

TexasBandit07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Tech Engineer
Roughly $1,100 for the full set in fiberglass, $11,000 less than the quote for Ford parts to convert I was quoted. Damn you... there goes my budget for my next gaming rig this holiday....

Should I consider getting the fiberglass or go carbon fiber? Any recommendations on that?

OP
OP
MyLittleRanger19

MyLittleRanger19

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Remember, this is just body panels that will need to be painted.

It depends on the color of your truck. Magnetic, black maybe others could look good with exposed CF. my ingot will have to be painted to match

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Prices not bad. Prob cost more to paint them....
There was a fellow here that did his but don't recall his name. Do a search.....

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
I it a whole fender replacement? Do you cut out the bed sides? How does this work?
I don't believe it is a whole replacement, I think it requires some cutting. I know his instagram is project_susieq, but I have no idea what his name is here on the forums is

NC_LFX4

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4; 2006 Jeep Wrangler X
Vehicle Showcase
First off, sorry to resurrect this thread. But has anyone seen either of these kits in person or know anything more about them than is on each of their sites? Really interested but don’t want to go quite as wide as the APG kit goes(and honestly, I don’t NEED 12+” long travel suspension or room for 35x12.5’s). I’m still waiting on an email response from Fiberwerx, Advanced Fiberglass Concepts has answered my questions I’ve asked but firsthand customer experience/perspective could be completely different. Fiberwerx interests me a bit more(right now) with their carbon fiber option and that it’s not quite as wide.

OP
OP
MyLittleRanger19

MyLittleRanger19

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
no problem!

no i havent seen these in person. i would love to though

Shaun Harlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zr2 Colorado
First off, sorry to resurrect this thread. But has anyone seen either of these kits in person or know anything more about them than is on each of their sites? Really interested but don’t want to go quite as wide as the APG kit goes(and honestly, I don’t NEED 12+” long travel suspension or room for 35x12.5’s). I’m still waiting on an email response from Fiberwerx, Advanced Fiberglass Concepts has answered my questions I’ve asked but firsthand customer experience/perspective could be completely different. Fiberwerx interests me a bit more(right now) with their carbon fiber option and that it’s not quite as wide.
IMG_20200119_124909.jpg
00000IMG_00000_BURST20200118160041232_COVER.jpg
00000IMG_00000_BURST20200119123228013_COVER.jpg
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200119124804124_COVER.jpg
IMG_20200119_124937.jpg
I have fiberwerx on my ZR2, fit sucks and the fiberglass will break off in chips when rocks fly up and hit them. Some small chips and some chunks. My buddy has ADV fenders on his 4runner. The fit was pretty damn good, minor sanding around the headlights, but they will still chip pretty easy. His seems to be better than the fiberwerx

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
have fiberwerx on my ZR2, fit sucks and the fiberglass will break off in chips when rocks fly up and hit them. Some small chips and some chunks. My buddy has ADV fenders on his 4runner. The fit was pretty damn good, minor sanding around the headlights, but they will still chip pretty easy. His seems to be better than the fiberwerx
Breaking off? Chips and chunks? Sanding? Seems better?

Fiberwerx
ADV

There, nice to have those taken off my list.

Shaun Harlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zr2 Colorado

Fiberwerx
ADV

You will almost always have to modify fiberglass parts. It's never a perfect fit. To be fair mine and my buddies aren't painted so that may make a difference.

Outside of those two options you really don't have an affordable alternative. If I had to do it again I would probably do a vinyl wrap on them.

You could always go with APG but they are spendy but I've heard the fitment is top notch

OP
OP
MyLittleRanger19

MyLittleRanger19

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX
Occupation
Electrical Engineer

Fiberwerx
ADV

rocket bunny and liberty walk kits cost upwards of 20k for full kits. they come unpainted, almost never fit and require quite a bit of modification when they dont, and will chip and crack the same as fiberwerx and ADV if theyre not painted or vinyl wrapped.

to be honest, anything under 5k for bedsides and fender flares is still super cheap when comparing to the other brands.
Sponsored