Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking to buy a lift such as the one pictured below. Does anyone have/use this type of lift and what do you like or dislike about them ? I know there are quite a few to choose from and I plan buying one that will lift not only the Ranger, but any other vehicle I may own down the road. Looking at the QuickJack BL-7000SLX and it's a $1600 investment, but it's worth it to me.
Thanks for the input !!!
1596683158323.png
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I definitely have to follow this. If anything I can see alot of advantages to this. The biggest things to me are portability and storage. When stored it shouldnt take up much space and if you move to another location you dont have to drill new holes in the ground. I'm sure there could be some downsides to this but I am curious as to what they may be.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I have the BL-5000SLX and I’m very happy with it. I haven’t used it on my Ranger yet but I don’t see why it wouldn’t lift it. I would have bought the 7000 but found a deal on the 5000 about two years ago that I couldn’t pass up.

I’ve lifted a Tacoma, Mazda3, Escape, Colorado, and Caliber with it. Be careful with the soft rubber blocks that come with it, they aren’t meant to be used on pinch welds and while my manual says they can be stacked I do not trust them.

You will need to also buy or build truck adapters. I chose to build my own with three height adjustments, the third being a very low one that I use on my Mazda3 instead of the rubber blocks that come with it.

I also built a rack on my garage wall to store the frames and handles. I found a Dewalt tool box that fits the hydraulic unit and two hoses perfectly to store it. Hope that helps!

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
I actually have that exact Quick Jack you're looking at, the BL-7000SLX. Lucky for me I ordered it at the SEMA show last year when it was a hell of a deal, and they threw in some free accessories too. I did not get the extended lift frames since these frames are plenty long for my needs. I use it for my Ranger and my Honda S2000. It lifts the Ranger with ease by the way.

The two drawbacks I have found with this: 1. The frames are pretty heavy, but at least they have wheels on one end to move them around. 2. When the vehicle is lifted up, you can't access underneath from the sides, only from the front and back.

You definitely want to get the truck/SUV adapter kit which has the extended length lift pads.

I'll see if I have pics/video of it and add them here too.