First Name
Vaino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, Factory Five Cobra
Occupation
Tech Management
For those with Forscan and the Factory Tow Package, can you tell me what your setting is in APIM & IPC for Trailer? I installed the Factory/Redarc unit with the Factory Hitch. However, when I look at Forscan I see a few of the settings set to disable. This may be correct. I'm wondering if this is something the factory would have changed when factory installed, and something the dealer would be changing if they installed. They may only be for F-150's, etc., but I'm double checking.

Namely:
IPC / Trailer Tow Backup Assist = Disabled
IPC /Trailer Reverse Guidance=Disabled

APIM / Trailer Tow Backup Assist = Disabled
APIM /Trailer Reverse Guidance=Disabled

Your input might help others who are doing Post Factory installation of the Tow Package. :)
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
For those with Forscan and the Factory Tow Package, can you tell me what your setting is in APIM & IPC for Trailer? I installed the Factory/Redarc unit with the Factory Hitch. However, when I look at Forscan I see a few of the settings set to disable. This may be correct. I'm wondering if this is something the factory would have changed when factory installed, and something the dealer would be changing if they installed. They may only be for F-150's, etc., but I'm double checking.

Namely:
IPC / Trailer Tow Backup Assist = Disabled
IPC /Trailer Reverse Guidance=Disabled

APIM / Trailer Tow Backup Assist = Disabled
APIM /Trailer Reverse Guidance=Disabled

Your input might help others who are doing Post Factory installation of the Tow Package. :)
None of those setting have anything to do with our Rangers. There should be no Forscan changes required after installing the Ford/Redarc brake controller.

OP
OP

VainoN

First Name
Vaino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, Factory Five Cobra
Occupation
Tech Management
None of those setting have anything to do with our Rangers. There should be no Forscan changes required after installing the Ford/Redarc brake controller.
What I expected as the "Backup Guidance" and "ProTrailer Assist" are physical packages added to the F series. I thought it was worth the ask. :)
Sponsored