Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I did notice wind noise coming from the rear-seat side window area on my SCrew at highway speeds. It was loud enough to where I thought the window was cracked open. I don't know if it is a vortex caused by the side mirrors or what, but it is a bit noisy. Not world ending, but enough to notice.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I did notice wind noise coming from the rear-seat side window area on my SCrew at highway speeds. It was loud enough to where I thought the window was cracked open. I don't know if it is a vortex caused by the side mirrors or what, but it is a bit noisy. Not world ending, but enough to notice.
To follow up on this, I retracted my mirrors for a second while driving into work at highway speeds this morning and it didn't assist in reducing the wind noise.

Lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe/Tundra/Fusion
To follow up on this, I retracted my mirrors for a second while driving into work at highway speeds this morning and it didn't assist in reducing the wind noise.
When the Ridgeline rolled out there were similar complaints for a variety of reasons. Some of those issues may apply here, including the rubber gasket sealing the door or the one sealing the window may not be installed or secured properly, also the door alignment may need adjustment to seal properly. For testing purposes put blue painters tape of the door crack and if necessary the window/door area to see if you can stop wind noise. That will tell you if it’s one of the two issues, both of which are easy fixes.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I'll give it a try, thanks!

Krzydmnd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger Xlt
Vehicle Showcase
I'll give it a try, thanks!
Yeah I've not experienced anything out of the ordinary in 2k miles so far. I had a weird whistling one day on the highway but it went away on its own. And I am very sensitive to cabin noise, the slightest rattle or rub or squeek drives me crazy. So far, nothing to complain about with the ranger!

Reactions: Ric
OP
OP

C.moore01

First Name
Colbey Moore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 escape 2019 ranger
Just a update I have found the problem and it’s going to the dealer Wednesday .. it’s in the rubber seal that’s around the drivers window track next to the mirror .. I’ll take a picture and upload it and circle the area .. it’s somewhat lose fitting but you can press on it and make the sound go away

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you got it resolved! Can you upload the pic with the area circled? I'd like to take a look on mine as well. Thanks!

OP
OP

C.moore01

First Name
Colbey Moore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 escape 2019 ranger
Glad you got it resolved! Can you upload the pic with the area circled? I'd like to take a look on mine as well. Thanks!
I could take my fingers and press and pinch on the circled area and make a huge reduction in wind noise .. my wife from the passenger seat could even tell

3E30AF2C-6489-4381-942C-58DF45774B59.jpeg

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the pic!

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I could take my fingers and press and pinch on the circled area and make a huge reduction in wind noise .. my wife from the passenger seat could even tell

3E30AF2C-6489-4381-942C-58DF45774B59.jpeg
I'm not saying that there is no problem, but I have owned Econolines and an Aerostar also several convertibles.
A light coating of silicone spray or Teflon spray on all door gaskets does wonders to help them seat and quiets them quite a lot.

jhgr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Has anyone found the solution to wind noise, which sounds like its coming from right rear door or window?
I tried putting tape around rear door and window, but couldn’t tell any difference. I have just about decided it’s just the nature of the beast since so many people are experience the same problem.
Sponsored