John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like your shooting pics for the brochure - very nice

Deleted member 1634

To me, it seems like the Everest is the off-road capable family SUV that America doesn't have from Ford. In the same vain as the first couple generations of the Explorer. This is really, in my opinion, what the Explorer should've turned in to. Not the bloated grocery-getter it is now.

OP
OP
viperwolf

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
They are coming to the States soon, Im sure they will have a better performing engine aswell. These 20" baller :sunglasses:wheels are not ideal for offroad situations.

Deleted member 1634

They are coming to the States soon, Im sure they will have a better performing engine aswell. These 20" baller :sunglasses:wheels are not ideal for offroad situations.
Under what name? Everest? Or will Ford NA rename it to make us feel special? Personally I think Everest is a great name for an off-road capable SUV.

I agree, the trend to bigger and bigger wheels is not something that should be happening on trucks and SUVs. I have the 18" wheels on my Ranger and they're nothing but a pain. They mess with the ride on and off the road, and getting replacement tires for them is just that much more expensive than for the regular 17" wheels. I tried to have the dealer swap them out with the stock magnetic sport wheels before I bought it, but they weren't having it.

OP
OP
viperwolf

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Under what name? Everest? Or will Ford NA rename it to make us feel special? Personally I think Everest is a great name for an off-road capable SUV.

I agree, the trend to bigger and bigger wheels is not something that should be happening on trucks and SUVs. I have the 18" wheels on my Ranger and they're nothing but a pain. They mess with the ride on and off the road, and getting replacement tires for them is just that much more expensive than for the regular 17" wheels. I tried to have the dealer swap them out with the stock magnetic sport wheels before I bought it, but they weren't having it.
It will Probably stay as Everest, I like the name also. India is the only country (That I know Of) were they are called a different name. They call it an Endeavor there. They will make subtle changes which are usually better for our market. Like a better engine and creature comforts.
I thought the Everest was being tested as the new Bronco, but that rumor was very far from true lol. Regardless, the one that the States get, will be the best one to date. This is a great suv and have no idea why Ford has waited so long.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Very nice pictures!

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
It will Probably stay as Everest, I like the name also. India is the only country (That I know Of) were they are called a different name. They call it an Endeavor there. They will make subtle changes which are usually better for our market. Like a better engine and creature comforts.
I thought the Everest was being tested as the new Bronco, but that rumor was very far from true lol. Regardless, the one that the States get, will be the best one to date. This is a great suv and have no idea why Ford has waited so long.
Are you sure? I don't see how or why Ford would offer a direct competitor to it's upcoming Bronco. Not that the Everest is bad, but I just don't think it makes much sense. Of course they are rumored to be keeping the Fusion nameplate in a forthcoming Subaru Outback type vehicle. I'm not sure how that makes more sense than keeping the very popular Fusion sedan, but that's just me. I see Ford tripping all over themselves with competing vehicles if they do all of this.

OP
OP
viperwolf

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Are you sure? I don't see how or why Ford would offer a direct competitor to it's upcoming Bronco. Not that the Everest is bad, but I just don't think it makes much sense. Of course they are rumored to be keeping the Fusion nameplate in a forthcoming Subaru Outback type vehicle. I'm not sure how that makes more sense than keeping the very popular Fusion sedan, but that's just me. I see Ford tripping all over themselves with competing vehicles if they do all of this.
Im never 100% positive about what manufactures are going to do. They change their mind as much as anyone else deciding on ice cream. However, they said they were bringing the New Ranger to the states (already) and the Everest would follow. The Everest should compete more with the Durango and Explorer. Which should be cheaper and loaded for more practical use. The Ranger Raptor is definitely coming to the states and it will be better than what is offered in other parts of the world.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Reminds me of what the Bronco will be. Sheet metal different.
Sponsored