Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
HI Folks,

So this is from the front seat of the Ranger..... We are in evacuate mode from a forest fire set by an uncaring camper about 6 miles North of our RV park. We got the evacuate alert on our phones so grabbed what we could and Tito, Margie and I piled into the Ranger and got the hell out of Flagstaff. We are sitting in a parking lot of a restaurant outside Flagstaff. We will likely sleep in the Ranger tonight.... Hope we got the key stuff out of the RV....if the wind shifts...our RV will be a crispy critter. Thank god Tito, Margie and I are safe for now.... Likely not much sleep. Tried to post a pix but things are so crazy now...Stuff just thrown into the Ranger before we got out of Town....

Best,
Phil

1655095985692.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Suck that you have to deal with that. Unfortunately there are plenty of irresponsible campers out there that dont seem to care. Still glad you are out of harms way at the moment and hopefully the camper doesnt burn to a crisp

Kemo Sabe

First Name
Kemo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
HI Folks,

So this is from the front seat of the Ranger..... We are in evacuate mode from a forest fire set by an uncaring camper about 6 miles North of our RV park. We got the evacuate alert on our phones so grabbed what we could and Tito, Margie and I piled into the Ranger and got the hell out of Flagstaff. We are sitting in a parking lot of a restaurant outside Flagstaff. We will likely sleep in the Ranger tonight.... Hope we got the key stuff out of the RV....if the wind shifts...our RV will be a crispy critter. Thank god Tito, Margie and I are safe for now.... Likely not much sleep. Tried to post a pix but things are so crazy now...Stuff just thrown into the Ranger before we got out of Town....

Best,
Phil
Hang loose, Phil! It'll be OK, but fire is ruthless. Praying for you three!

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
HI Folks,

Best,
Phil
Smart move. Those wild land fires are no joke. I was deployed to Southern California in the mid 2000’s for wild land fires in San Diego, Imperial and Riverside Counties. They are incredibly fast fires and incredibly hot. We saw many RV’s like your class A, which got caught up in the path of the shifting fires and could not get turned around. They pulled off on the side of the roads and eventually got overwhelmed in the fast moving fires and had burnt up, right down to the frames. Nothing left of them at all. Terrible destruction. You, Margie and Tito stay safe.

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
HI Folks,

Best,
Phil
I was just watching that on Youtube here. Be safe things can be replaced.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Phil, I can totally relate as we had to evacuate our house in 2020 due to the local wildfires. They were abundantly cautious, but one of the fires ran 17 miles up a canyon in ONE NIGHT.

Glad everyone is safe and hopefully you will be able to return to your RV intact. It is a very weird feeling having to evacuate your home. I hope I never have to feel that again in my lifetime!

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Just glad to know y'all are safe and secure :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
HI Folks,

Best,
Phil

1655095985692.png
Stay safe Phil!

Muscleford

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat, 84 & 85 5.0 Merc Capri,14 Fusion
Occupation
Retired
Stay safe. Glad you received advance warning. Kiss your wife and give Tito a hug. Hope all ends well.
Sponsored