Engine cover

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Okay just to clarify, this is what you guys are talking about? https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/rgrengcvrkit.html It looks like its made out of some plasticy foam material? I could see how it is a sound deadener, but how would it protect wires? Rodents can squeeze through pretty much anything for something they see as food? Since I dont have a ranger yet, maybe im not seeing the point, but i figured I would ask because I may eventually get a cover.
Sponsored

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
So I have a 2021 Lariat.... thats doesnt have the engine cover. Guess thats something they eliminated?

Seems like a cheap add-on. Ive seen mention of additional hardware in addition to the cover that needs to be purchased? On the Levittown website it says the studs are included.

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Interesting. I had to purchase studs and nuts separately...
Levittown sells it as a kit with everything you need.

Ford did eliminate the cover from the 2021 Lariat.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I'm surprised that they eliminated it from the 2021 Lariat.

I added one to my 2019 XLT and it made a noticeable difference in noise level from the outside of the truck.

I haven't noticed much difference inside but then I'm usually listening to music.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
I have an old diesel and I like to hear my eng running. I love the sound of Nascar. I am happy that I dont have an engine cover. I would hate a electric car. IMHOP put something useful on your truck.

Shomare

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
Occupation
Union President
Just make sure that when you order the Engine Cover, that you also order Engine Cover Studs and Engine Cover Nuts as well. Just like the cover itself, they are not included.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/nuts-and-studs-for-engine-cover.3271/
Ordered mine and it was noted that the bolts came with it. Install took all of five minutes and it looks cleaner in the engine bay. I have attended a lot of car shows and fancy that I might enter the Ranger in one at some point so this little bit was a vanity purchase

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I have an old diesel and I like to hear my eng running. I love the sound of Nascar. I am happy that I dont have an engine cover. I would hate a electric car. IMHOP put something useful on your truck.
I understand. There is something about 40+ big V8 engines at full throttle roaring to the green flag that gets the heart rate up. If it doesn't you are not in the "Car Guy/Gal or Gear head" club. :wink: I must point out that you need to experience that live and in person to fully appreciate it.

For me I will keep my Ranger a little quieter for the times when you don't want that. I have a Mach1 Mustang with active exhaust on order to fill the big V8 sound need. I figure I better get that done before electrification does away with them, and also before I get too old to enjoy it. I am old enough to be working on my bucket list.:crackup: Now there is an idea, maybe someone needs to make an active exhaust for the ranger.

As for electric cars, and god forbid, electric trucks, they should be required to generate a sound like the Jetsons car did. That way pedestrians and cyclists have a chance to hear them coming and not get run over.

Jetsons car sound

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
So I have a 2021 Lariat.... thats doesnt have the engine cover. Guess thats something they eliminated?

Seems like a cheap add-on. Ive seen mention of additional hardware in addition to the cover that needs to be purchased? On the Levittown website it says the studs are included.
That is where I got mine and yes everything was there and they were the cheapest by far.
Sponsored