First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
My son showed me this and I think my boy found a winner. The more I dug into this the more legit it appears. With chip shortages and what ever else happens it looks like it can save your truck or auto. https://www.empshield.com/vehicle-protection/
Sponsored

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
OIP (1).jpeg

Maybe combine it with this
https://www.ruststop.net/

My solution
20221016_135838.jpg

The only electronics are the radio which I can't hear when driving anyway.
Wife has approved a fleet of old cars to combat all the electronics and charging nonesense.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That seems like a lot for something that doesn't really effect every vehicle. They say even newer vehicles have a greater chance of surviving an EMP strike because they're more shielded and robust than consumer electronics.

With that said I spent the whole night out in the garage, Thanks! o_O

1678541960572.png

https://www.lifewire.com/would-your-car-survive-an-emp-attack-3903248

Why Didn’t the EMP Commission’s Tests Permanently Damage Automotive Electronics?

There are a few possible reasons why the electronics in our cars may be a little bit more robust than we give them credit for. The first is that the electronics in cars and trucks are already somewhat shielded, and they also tend to be a little more robust than most consumer electronics due to the harsh conditions they are subjected to while on the road.

Another factor that may help protect the electronics in a car is that the metal body of the vehicle can act as a partial Faraday cage. This is why you can survive your vehicle being struck by lightning, and it’s also why car radio antennas are located outside, rather than inside, the vehicle. Of course, your car isn’t a perfect Faraday cage, or you wouldn’t be able to make and receive cell phone calls.

Automotive Vulnerability to EMP Attacks

According to data from the EMP Commission, conventional wisdom may be wrong, or at least not entirely correct. In a study released in 2004, the EMP Commission subjected 37 different cars and trucks to simulated EMP attacks and found that none of them suffered permanent, crippling damage, although the results were somewhat mixed.

The study subjected vehicles to simulated EMP attacks both while shut off and while running, and it found that none of the vehicles suffered any ill effects if the attack occurred while the engine was off. When the attack occurred while the vehicles were running, some of them shut off, while others suffered other effects like erroneously blinking dash lights.

Although some of the engines did die when subjected to an EMP, each of the passenger cars tested by the EMP Commission did start back up.

The study findings suggested that 90 percent of the cars on the road in 2004 would suffer no ill effects at all from an EMP, while 10 percent would either stall out or suffer some other ill effect that would require driver intervention.

That number has no doubt gone up in the intervening decade since there are more cars on the road today that make use of delicate electronics, but none of the vehicles tested by the EMP commission suffered permanent damage.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Christ the Redeemer took one recently and he's still standing

1678546900531.png

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Even though they list MIL-STD's & a CAGE Code, thing is missing, maybe I missed it, in all their advertising is the lack of an NSN which means no organization in the DoD has adapted their product. I don't have access to HAYSTACK anymore to see if it's the supply system.

OH, even Dishonest Dave's aka @AzScorpion 's Performance Dampers Company can get a CAGE Code.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Even though they list MIL-STD's & a CAGE Code, thing is missing, maybe I missed it, in all their advertising is the lack of an NSN which means no organization in the DoD has adapted their product. I don't have access to HAYSTACK anymore to see if it's the supply system.

OH, even Dishonest Dave's aka @AzScorpion 's Performance Dampers Company can get a CAGE Code.
I don't need no stinking' code. ?

I've Got A Coupon.gif

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4

I expected some big faraday box for a truck. That little thing seems like a gimmick. Unless they sell the EMP to go with it how are you gonna know if it works? By the time you get hit with an EMP or solar flare it's too late and you won't be able to return it.

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I expected some big faraday box for a truck. That little thing seems like a gimmick. Unless they sell the EMP to go with it how are you gonna know if it works? By the time you get hit with an EMP or solar flare it's too late and you won't be able to return it.
You can email them? ???

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Yep. Don't see how that box is gonna shield anything.

A faraday cage framed with 1x2s and covered in wire mesh would be more effective, and cheaper.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Thanks guys, I really needed a good laugh this morning! :LOL:
Sponsored