Eibach 2.0 Coilover Packages Back In Stock!

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
I am pretty much between these and the Fox 2.0. I wonder what the difference is off-road and which has the better durability of the two.

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
I am pretty much between these and the Fox 2.0. I wonder what the difference is off-road and which has the better durability of the two.
Durability between the the two is more or less the same. Construction is pretty similar between the Fox 2.0s and the Eibachs, though the Eibachs use a steel body and the Fox 2.0s use an aluminum body. If you're going to be ripping around off-road at 50+ mph, you might want to jump to a 2.5.

Off-road, I'd probably argue the Fox 2.0s tend to be a little smoother, though since the Eibachs can squeak out a bit of extra ride height, and getting that smidge of extra clearance is helpful off-road. Especially if you're squeezing on a fairly big tire.

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Thanks Jason the steel vs aluminum body actually pushes me towards the Fox kit. I live in an area where they sometimes salt the roads. I am not sure how big a deal it really is or if the steel would rust a lot but I guess it’s one point in favor of the Fox.

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Thanks Jason the steel vs aluminum body actually pushes me towards the Fox kit. I live in an area where they sometimes salt the roads. I am not sure how big a deal it really is or if the steel would rust a lot but I guess it’s one point in favor of the Fox.
The Eibachs are zinc plated, so it's probably not a HUGE deal, but if you are going to be keeping both the truck and the coilovers for a while, then the Fox 2.0s may be a better bet.