First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
First, I know very little when it comes to sound systems.

I want to put something like Dynamat( I cant find it here) in the front and rear doors and the lift gate. Im hoping for a little improvement, nothing major at all. I will have these panels apart anyway, so figured I would do this. What should I look for in a product? I would just get some dynamat if I could. Whatever I get, will it need to be on the inside and outer layer of the door? Im not sure how much I can get inside TBH.

10425-2.jpg
Sponsored

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase

I want to put something like Dynamat( I cant find it here) in the front and rear doors and the lift gate. Im hoping for a little improvement, nothing major at all. I will have these panels apart anyway, so figured I would do this. What should I look for in a product? I would just get some dynamat if I could. Whatever I get, will it need to be on the inside and outer layer of the door? Im not sure how much I can get inside TBH.

10425-2.jpg
I did my doors with Dynamat, as it was on sale at Crutchfield. Did only the outer sheetmetal, didn't mess with the inner (where the door panel attaches). Made a noticeable improvement as far as I'm concerned; easier for me to hear during phone calls.

CashSeeAO

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Semi-retired engineer

10425-2.jpg
I used all of 36 sq ft of Noico sound deadening mat to do all 4 doors (both inner and outer panels) and the panel behind the rear seats. It was a lot of work, but it was all worth it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00URUIKAK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Also, don’t forget to get a good quality metal roller with ridges. The cheap smooth plastic roller won’t work very well.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0895PX52H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

gasmanjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 XLT FX4, '19 Beetle Final Edition
Occupation
Gas leak inspector
I used all of 36 sq ft of Noico sound deadening mat to do all 4 doors (both inner and outer panels) and the panel behind the rear seats. It was a lot of work, but it was all worth it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00URUIKAK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Also, don’t forget to get a good quality metal roller with ridges. The cheap smooth plastic roller won’t work very well.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0895PX52H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I did the exact same. Definitely made a difference.

OP
OP
viperwolf

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
I had no idea I would need a roller for this. I thought it was like something with 3m.

Anyone know what this is made of, is it foam attached to aluminum?

OP
OP
viperwolf

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military

Snow3d

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Subaru Forester XT
Occupation
Human
My biggest problem is that Im in the Philippines, getting stuff can be difficult. We have some stuff local, I just not sure what to look for in quality.
I see. Well, generally speaking, most of the run of the mill sound dampening materials are some sort of mastic (stable tar basically) with an aluminum face. Some of the higher end stuff is butyl rubber, which tends to be pricey. That said, there are several roofing products that could do the job, although not ideal. Duct tape and any sort of closed cell foam would do as well. Basically, any material that you can get to stick to the sheet metal and dampen it.

OP
OP
viperwolf

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
I see. Well, generally speaking, most of the run of the mill sound dampening materials are some sort of mastic (stable tar basically) with an aluminum face. Some of the higher end stuff is butyl rubber, which tends to be pricey. That said, there are several roofing products that could do the job, although not ideal. Duct tape and any sort of closed cell foam would do as well. Basically, any material that you can get to stick to the sheet metal and dampen it.
Ok this helps, so the foam lined stuff is not what Im looking for. I have to find the tar type lined material.
Sponsored