Driver Side Headlight

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
I just noticed this light is out on standard driving conditions (normal running day lights) … high beam works fine.

Does Ford’s dashboard tell you that your headlight is out? Is there any notification or no?

Also curious question… are there any wires that control the headlights near the back bumper? Weird question I know but did find some kids under my truck one morning when I was visiting a friend and parked on the street… could have been their ball, could have been nothing or maybe they (purposely) accidentally disconnected something?

Thanks all …
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheRoushRanger046

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
I just noticed this light is out on standard driving conditions (normal running day lights) … high beam works fine.

Does Ford’s dashboard tell you that your headlight is out? Is there any notification or no?

Also curious question… are there any wires that control the headlights near the back bumper? Weird question I know but did find some kids under my truck one morning when I was visiting a friend and parked on the street… could have been their ball, could have been nothing or maybe they (purposely) accidentally disconnected something?

Thanks all …
Wow thanks guys …

MagneticRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4
I don't believe there is any form of bulb check notification on the dash that would give you a message you have a headlight bulb burned out.

Also there should not be anything in the rear of the truck that would have any effect on a headlight bulb being out.

Assuming you still have OEM factory headlight assemblies if you high beams work you have 1 low beam bulb that is out that needs to be replaced.

Make sure you source the correct bulb when replacing...high beam and low beam halogens are different

OP
OP
TheRoushRanger046

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
I don't believe there is any form of bulb check notification on the dash that would give you a message you have a headlight bulb burned out.

Also there should not be anything in the rear of the truck that would have any effect on a headlight bulb being out.

Assuming you still have OEM factory headlight assemblies if you high beams work you have 1 low beam bulb that is out that needs to be replaced.

Make sure you source the correct bulb when replacing...high beam and low beam halogens are different
Thank you for the legit answer… appreciate it, I went and got 2 new bulbs at Ford and replaced them… happy holidays!

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Sounds like you replaced bulb and good to go, but to answer your question. The only Tale-Tale sign for lights is for Turn-Signals (Ft & Back) - Hyper-Flash Turn indicator on the dash, now if you have scanner hooked up you will see codes (B) Body or (U) Communication, no check lights on dash
But for Left Low Beam out (Blown) you would most likely see this code B1D00:15 - Left Low Beam Circuit Short to Battery or Open

MagneticRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4
I stand corrected

In the owners manual under instrument cluster -----> warning lamps and indicators....there does list a lamp for Low Beam Malfunction (If equipped)....so I'm not sure if thats a trim level thing or vehicles with mandatory DRL...I don't recall seeing it on my XLT

I don't think a headlight bulb out will cause a hyperflash situation....but it would if you had a front Or rear turn signal bulb out.

I've never used Forscan but it sounds about right that it would have the ability to see voltage/circuit information to the headlights...even if you didn't have a warning lamp to report back an issue.
Sponsored