VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
my reply is off topic, sorry....

huh, way over inflated - door sticker says tire pressure should be at 30 psi. Dealers are supposed to check that prior to delivery, but mine too was 45 all around. I lowered then to 30 and it feels a little sloppy to me, so I'm going with 35 now to try that. With so many wheel / tire size options, how can 30 psi be correct for all of us?
It isn't--the stickers are different for different tires & options.

I don't think anyone's reported getting a truck where the dealer set the pressure properly.
Sponsored

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
ah ok, that makes sense. I thought I read a post here saying they all had the target psi listed as 30.

Mine is 4x4 with FX off-road, and Sports package, which changed my wheels and tires to 265/65/r17 Hankook Dynapro ATM

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
It's bizarre isnt it? Some have it and some don't so what is the difference that makes the difference. It's like the industry's dirty little secret. Ford, chevy, jeep, etc.. all have the issue. Blame it on the gas tank worked for a while I guess lol.

I have seen MANY threads on the Jeep forum talking about all the different things that might cause lean.. gas tanks, wrong springs, mismatched springs, etc... never a solution

Sounds like you just need to accept it..
Did anyone with issue check if the leaf brackets on the frame are located correctly? Seems like a misplaced bracket on the frame could be a cause. or a bracket that is not correct length.....

talking about this bracket
Capture.JPG

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Thanks, I'll check for that bracket. Just curious, how would this bracket lower one side if installed incorrectly. Sliding it forward or back doesn't seem like it would change the height.

BTW, how did you come across that diagram? I like seeing how everything is supposed to be installed.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I'll check for that bracket. Just curious, how would this bracket lower one side if installed incorrectly. Sliding it forward or back doesn't seem like it would change the height.

BTW, how did you come across that diagram? I like seeing how everything is supposed to be installed.
Not saying forward or back....im saying up or down. Is mounting hole in frame off?

Is the actual bracket the same length on both sides???? If one was 1/2 longer or shorter.... would explain it.

Same with mounting hole in frame. If not located same on both sides......

OP
OP

Gavin stevens

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat
Ughhh, I'm still pissed about this. Called Ford Customer Care this morning.

I'm gonna start some shit, this in NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!

Last edited:

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
My tires say max psi 48.
Best to go by the Approved Ford VIN sticker, PSI is listed for your vehicle. That said, I can confirm 30 psi per my VIN, is too low, resulting in a sloppy bounce. I'm testing 35 psi now.

...back on topic...I took my truck to the dealer today for another reason and while they had it on the alignment rack, they checked my entire suspension. They found all of the bottom front strut bolts were not at spec, he tighten them and all good. The front top bolts were good, sway bar and everything else was good. I told him about this thread and he measured and confirmed my truck is sitting level.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Gavin stevens

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat
I'm going to go look at the Rangers at the dealership tonight, see how many suffer from this...

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
Thought? It is hard to tell from the perspectives and shadows. Looks ok to me.... not even close to how jacked up yours was. should have brought your tape measure.

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Not easy to tell from the camera angle, but those trucks all look ok to me

Truckguy

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ranger
Hard to tell, need the measurements

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
Best to go by the Approved Ford VIN sticker, PSI is listed for your vehicle. That said, I can confirm 30 psi per my VIN, is too low, resulting in a sloppy bounce. I'm testing 35 psi now.

...back on topic...I took my truck to the dealer today for another reason and while they had it on the alignment rack, they checked my entire suspension. They found all of the bottom front strut bolts were not at spec, he tighten them and all good. The front top bolts were good, sway bar and everything else was good. I told him about this thread and he measured and confirmed my truck is sitting level.
I agree my sticker says 30 psi. Which I fell is way to low. Going to do chalk test and see what is best for mine. Now where is my chalk

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I agree my sticker says 30 psi. Which I fell is way to low. Going to do chalk test and see what is best for mine. Now where is my chalk
What is a "chalk test"?
Sponsored