Driver and passenger mirrors have gap

MHRanger

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I was detailing the my Ranger today and noticed a gap between the door and the mirror molding. It's on both mirrors.

Anyone else have this problem or am I just making a big deal out of nothing...

20190501_122751.jpg

20190501_122719.jpg
Sponsored

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Don't have that issue on my lariat. Curious if you pressed on it to see if there is movement? Might be loose nuts of the inside if they still attach like the older Rangers mirrors did.

pboggini

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XL Ranger 4x2 Supercrew.
Don't have that issue on my lariat. Curious if you pressed on it to see if there is movement? Might be loose nuts of the inside if they still attach like the older Rangers mirrors did.
I see it on my XL STX but it looks intentional. If you look at the edges where it starts, you can see the plastic moving away. There also appear to be slats that look like they are holding it out there. Note that I have the all black mirrors, don't know if the different mirrors (the chrome ones like on your Lariat) are supposed to be different.

OP
OP
MHRanger

MHRanger

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Yeah, I tried pressing it in, it didn't move..

OP
OP
MHRanger

MHRanger

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I see it on my XL STX but it looks intentional. If you look at the edges where it starts, you can see the plastic moving away. There also appear to be slats that look like they are holding it out there. Note that I have the all black mirrors, don't know if the different mirrors (the chrome ones like on your Lariat) are supposed to be different.
The gaps are different on each side. More of a gap on the driver side than the passenger side.
Sponsored