Draw Tite Hitch question

21rangerCactus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Self employed
Looking at other pictures of Rangers with draw tite and other brands of tow hitches mine doesn't seem to be in the same position. It's sunk in under the bumper more then others. Is there room for adjustment or is this a non issue?

0522221603.jpg

0522221549.jpg
Sponsored

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Looking at other pictures of Rangers with draw tite and other brands of tow hitches mine doesn't seem to be in the same position. It's sunk in under the bumper more then others. Is there room for adjustment or is this a non issue?

0522221603.jpg

0522221549.jpg
I watched a installation video from their website and the location is the same as on your vehicle. There is no way to move the hitch.

One good thing is that you will not be hitting your shins on the hitch. On the other hand, you will probably need to get on your hands and knees to install the drawbar pin unless you can do it by "feel".

OP
OP

21rangerCactus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Self employed
I watched a installation video from their website and the location is the same as on your vehicle. There is no way to move the hitch.

One good thing is that you will not be hitting your shins on the hitch. On the other hand, you will probably need to get on your hands and knees to install the drawbar pin unless you can do it by "feel".

Hahaha.. Thats the first thing I told myself after I was done... "Guess I won't be hitting my shins!"

Forgot all about the install video... Guess I should have looked there before posting.

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
I have the same receiver hitch.
As of now, it has been a non issue. I i have had it since the first month of buying my ranger. January 2021. I use the
GEN-Y REBEL hitch

20220519_123426.jpg

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL

0522221603.jpg

0522221549.jpg
I have the Draw-Tite. Yes, it sits back further than the OEM receiver, but it's a non-issue.

MikeyB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Just a heads-up on the Draw-Tite Hitch. I put one on my truck too (I don't tow, but just in case) and the rear of the factory 4 pin plug is a tight fit between the wiring and the hitch itself.
I guess I could've bent the factory bracket forward a bit, for more wiggle room but it doesn't affect the wiring at all ?

thumbnail_IMG_1432.jpg

OP
OP

21rangerCactus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Self employed
Just a heads-up on the Draw-Tite Hitch. I put one on my truck too (I don't tow, but just in case) and the rear of the factory 4 pin plug is a tight fit between the wiring and the hitch itself.
I guess I could've bent the factory bracket forward a bit, for more wiggle room but it doesn't affect the wiring at all ?

thumbnail_IMG_1432.jpg
Thanks for the heads up... I'll take a look at it to be sure it's not smashed up against it on mine. I don't tow either.. Just have it for in case and for our bike rack.

Mustangman02232

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 ranger
Just order the harness and the 7/4 and cut the bumper out, most of what I pull doesn’t have lights but still just easier to have
Sponsored