Drag race wheel/tire setups?

Romac

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2017 Escape SE
I know theres not many people who've had their new Rangers at the strip yet but out of those who have or who plan to, what sort of wheel/tire setups are you planning to run?

Found some fairly lightweight 16/17" wheels on tirerack just browsing around. I plan to tune/bolt on the truck once more parts become available and wouldn't mind a more aggressive summer rim/tire combo for nice weather and a couple test and tune days.

Anyone else? I know I've seen some times posted in the performance forum but I think to this point everyone has been on a less than ideal tire setup.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

MyLittleRanger19

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
just a quick look on CarID and i found some Black Rhino and Method 16" wheels that are not horribly priced.
looking at tirerack, i cant find any decent tires that will fit and give good drag performance. most of what im finding are suv/crossover all season touring or highway.

youd probably be better off looking at 17 or 18 inch wheels
https://www.carid.com/raceline-wheels/156b-surge-black-machined-accents-361327452.html

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...66HR8HPS&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

of course, there are other sources, this was just a quick look while i had a minute

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Curious about this too... are you guys finding 16-inch wheels fit?
My stock ranger has 16” steel rims. Looks like the tire height is about 28 1/2 “ I too would like some drag radials at the same overall height.
Regard
Doc

B6783764-F723-4FF2-ABFB-0F09C6684C67.jpeg
Sponsored