Doors Started Not Unlocking When Walk Up and Pull Handle

LarryJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ranger, 1997 BMW Z3, 2010 VW Tiguan
Hey, just in the last couple of weeks, I noticed that when I touch the touch spot on my doors when locking truck they may not click, or only the drivers door may click. Also when I come up to the truck to unlock, it no longer unlocks as I approach that door, or by pulling on the handle? If I walk to the drivers door, all is good? Seems kind of strange. Something getting ready to go? In a related note, I just saw the new post on the "battery message" with the comment that the battery was about to go? Any possibility that these two things are related? Thanks in advance. I have an appointment in a week and wanting to add this to a simple oil change.
Sponsored

RangerBill

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew FX4
Occupation
retired
Hey, just in the last couple of weeks, I noticed that when I touch the touch spot on my doors when locking truck they may not click, or only the drivers door may click. Also when I come up to the truck to unlock, it no longer unlocks as I approach that door, or by pulling on the handle? If I walk to the drivers door, all is good? Seems kind of strange. Something getting ready to go? In a related note, I just saw the new post on the "battery message" with the comment that the battery was about to go? Any possibility that these two things are related? Thanks in advance. I have an appointment in a week and wanting to add this to a simple oil change.
A weak battery is likely the cause.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Yup, put a trickle charger on your battery overnight and see if that doesn’t correct it. If not battery is on its way out. Not unheard of around here

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That's exactly what happened to mine when the battery was dying. My intelligent access wouldn't work and it started with the drivers door then eventually all doors. Mine ended up being a dead cell and replaced under warranty and since have used a maintainer 2-3 days a week. Since doing this the new one's been fine.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Curious what the actual battery voltage is and see if it's below 11.5 volts to confirm what the voltage has to be to trigger that result.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I was having the same issue, started with a back door then after 2 weeks it was all 4. Also my built in garage door opener that used to work from the street had gotten to the point that I had to be a car length away from the door and hold the button in. I replaced all my fob batteries (2019 originals) and disconnected my negative terminal on my battery for a couple of minutes and after those 2 items completed both problems went away and have not returned. I am wondering if any of had to do with the recent sync update.
Sponsored