Don't Look Back!

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
Here is the 2010 Ranger I traded to get my new one. I bought it new from the same dealer. The dealer gave me $3500 credit against the new one. I wish I could think that I didn't make a mistake by not keeping it, but I can't.
DSC_0824.JPG
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Traded my 2012 XLT for my 2019. No regrets, love the new one. Do miss the 5 speed a little, just a little. ? The new EcoBoost is an EcoBeast. What color is the new one?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Here is the 2010 Ranger I traded to get my new one. I bought it new from the same dealer. The dealer gave me $3500 credit against the new one. I wish I could think that I didn't make a mistake by not keeping it, but I can't.
DSC_0824.JPG
Hi Steve,

What a clean truck! There is a back story on your styled steel wheels. There is a company that did the stainless overlay on these wheels, which I think you had on this 2010. I won't name the supplier, but we wanted to get rid of the painted wheels, which looked like crap after years of road salt etc. This supplier would take the wheels and apply a stainless steel cladding but they only went to the lip of the rim. So after a while you had these nice looking wheels but has a rust ring up against the tire. Then we changed the design to what you have on your truck and required the company wrap the rim of the wheel to avoid this rust spot. The company said no problem...However there was a major problem and they could not deliver. We had an emergency meeting as they were heading into the date to start production to meet 2003 model year. I sat and listened how they wished to revert to allowing the rust ring after some 3 to 5 years. I sat there....arms crossed....NOPE! We will take the wheel out of production. Well said the company...you will have to pay us $ to be able to support production...Again...I said NOPE! Guess what....they were able to get it fixed and support production. Just another poker play to bluff the manufacturer in my opinion...either that or I got lucky on my stance...

Anyway...what a great looking truck!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
The Long Ranger

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Steve,

What a clean truck! There is a back story on your styled steel wheels. There is a company that did the stainless overlay on these wheels, which I think you had on this 2010. I won't name the supplier, but we wanted to get rid of the painted wheels, which looked like crap after years of road salt etc. This supplier would take the wheels and apply a stainless steel cladding but they only went to the lip of the rim. So after a while you had these nice looking wheels but has a rust ring up against the tire. Then we changed the design to what you have on your truck and required the company wrap the rim of the wheel to avoid this rust spot. The company said no problem...However there was a major problem and they could not deliver. We had an emergency meeting as they were heading into the date to start production to meet 2003 model year. I sat and listened how they wished to revert to allowing the rust ring after some 3 to 5 years. I sat there....arms crossed....NOPE! We will take the wheel out of production. Well said the company...you will have to pay us $ to be able to support production...Again...I said NOPE! Guess what....they were able to get it fixed and support production. Just another poker play to bluff the manufacturer in my opinion...either that or I got lucky on my stance...

Anyway...what a great looking truck!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Mine had the painted wheels. I just always kept them clean.

OP
OP
The Long Ranger

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
Don't get me wrong. I love my 2019. I just also loved my 2010 and $3500 to lose it wasn't justifiable in my mind.

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
Boy, that's a mouthful of double negatives.

Lone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Hot Pepper
Much the same boat here. I traded in a 2010 XLT with under 10K miles. I had done much to the truck to make it my truck. I like my new Ranger - it is a very nice vehicle. But, I loved the character and truckieness of my 2010. The new one is all electronics and disconnect. You're right - don't look back.

OP
OP
The Long Ranger

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
DSC_0824.JPG
It is always tempting to look back at the past vehicles you have had and wish you could have kept them. For me it's my first car, 1957 Chevy and my wifes first car 1969 Camaro. But Unfortunately we can't keep them all. So when you park your Ranger in a parking lot just park it out by it's self and take a look back as you walk away. Enjoy the view, these are some pretty trucks. Enjoy. And post a picture of it here all detailed up. I can see you keep them looking good.?

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
DSC_0824.JPG
Beautiful truck, man, and beautifully preserved!

OP
OP
The Long Ranger

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
And post a picture of it here all detailed up. I can see you keep them looking good.?
I just spent an hour dissolving bug glue from the front end. Will get to the rest later. Time for Sunday afternoon beer now!

20200809_165042.jpg

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
DSC_0824.JPG

I have no regrets. This is why.

Sponsored