First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
so I'll post it here (sorry moderators).

As some of you might have seen or read, Honolulu experienced a terrible tragedy yesterday in which 2 members of the Honolulu Police Department lost their lives in a home barricade situation. A third PO is in the hospital, other innocent people are unaccounted for in the conflagration which destroyed 5 homes. HFD was unable to extinguish the blazes because the perpetrator was still at large and actively shooting.

To all members here who are active first responders, especially those in law enforcement, please, please be safe.

Your families, friends, and members of this forum here are counting on you to do so.
:please:
Sponsored

Last edited:

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
I don't know where we lost respect for our law enforcement but it is a sad situation.

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I don't know where we lost respect for our law enforcement but it is a sad situation.
Indeed Steve,
Law enforcement is a thankless and frustrating profession, but somebody's got to do it.
In the 28.5 years I worked as a firefighter and working alongside them did I realize that they are humans, with feelings and emotions, just like the rest of us mortals.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, I think it is larger than that. Society as a whole has lost a lot of common respect for other human beings - we have lost the ability to have a civil debate and to agree to disagree.

Jeff I think I will move this to the off topic forum since it doesn't directly relate to Rangers.

Prayers for all the first responders who have to deal with things like this.
Sponsored