First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
Occupation
Union President
I don't know what I did but months ago I tried out Forscan for the first time, started simple and tried to turn on Bambi mode and wasn't successful. I thought, no harm done, I'll put this down before I F something up...

Fast forward to three months later and I needed heat for the first time. I went to turn on heat and only got blue indicator on the dash visuals, meaning AC could be adjusted, but no heat. Even set at 80, AC continued to blow.

I don't know what I did, and don't know how to undue it. I looked and can't find my built as file so I think I am SOL

What are my options, next steps? Can I take it to the dealer and have the ECU reflashed?
Sponsored

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
Have you tried downloading your as built from here? https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt/
For me I have to click that link, put in my country and hit submit. Close the tab and click the link again.
Should be able to copy that as-built to your BCM. If not you can compare it and make the necessary changes.

You should only need to make changes in the BCM since that's where the Bambi mode changes live.

Last edited:

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Isn’t there a return to stock function on the bottom of the Forescan screen?

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I believe at the bottom of the as-built screen there is a load all button, or something similar. It should pull up a list of your saved as-built files. you can select your saved backup and then save it to the truck. You did save backups of all your modules, right?

Just curious, what blue indicator are you talking about? Maybe a picture? Can't think of anything you would do in the BCM that would affect climate control. That would normally be in the APIM. Might be something not related to what you did in the BCM. Could be a dealer issue, stuck/failed blend damper etc.

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
Can't think of anything you would do in the BCM that would affect climate control. That would normally be in the APIM.
I was thinking the same thing.

Just wondering if you made sure to turn off the AC before trying to turn up the temp?

PXL_20200911_154749518~2.jpg

OP
OP
Shomare

Shomare

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
Occupation
Union President
I was able to make the changes I wanted using the quick change method where you can chose for example deactivate start stop.
I can’t figure out what I did that I have no heat.
Unless somebody knows where to look I am going to have to go through line by line

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
I was able to make the changes I wanted using the quick change method where you can chose for example deactivate start stop.
If you did it that way and only changed the bambi mode option I don't think it's related.

I went to turn on heat and only got blue indicator on the dash visuals, meaning AC could be adjusted, but no heat.
can you get us a picture of this blue indicator?

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
I can’t figure out what I did that I have no heat.
Unless somebody knows where to look I am going to have to go through line by line
You still didn't mention the key to your question: did you save your original files for a backup.
These guys are trying to help you but they need to know this key information
Sponsored