• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Does the order bank open on launch? confused

bionde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Howdy. So according to the timeline stickied, it says:

• Official launch (sales/dealer stock) set for July 3, 2023.

So does that mean Ford is going to open up order bank on the 3rd, or before that?

I assume Ford would start taking orders at least a month or two before production starts in Michigan in May, but I'm new to Ford.

Can anyone throw me any deet?

Really hoping for FHEV this year...
Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
I was watching a reputable dealer's webcast and the question came up about the Chicago Auto show approaching and if any news had been revealed.

They didn't give a definite date or know if it would be at the Chicago Auto show, but said they'll be able to order them 'very soon', so take that as you will.

Reactions: Doc

Hot Runr Guy

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018Escape, 2019 Edge
I was watching a reputable dealer's webcast and the question came up about the Chicago Auto show approaching and if any news had been revealed.

They didn't give a definite date or know if it would be at the Chicago Auto show, but said they'll be able to order them 'very soon', so take that as you will.
If somebody wants to pop for the $275 black tie entry, I'll attend,,,,

https://www.chicagoautoshow.com/first-look-for-charity/buy-tickets/

Hahahaha, HRG

Beav1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport, '18 F150, '14 Focus, '13 Escape
Howdy. So according to the timeline stickied, it says:

• Official launch (sales/dealer stock) set for July 3, 2023.

So does that mean Ford is going to open up order bank on the 3rd, or before that?

I assume Ford would start taking orders at least a month or two before production starts in Michigan in May, but I'm new to Ford.

Can anyone throw me any deet?

Really hoping for FHEV this year...
Normally the order banks for Ford will open a few months before production begins for the next MY.

Ford ended up with a big problem on their hands with the Bronco and Maverick. Customer orders exceeding capacity along with supply chain issues caused many PO'd customers having to wait an extended period of time for their order to be built. Many orders getting pushed out the next model year. I don't know if the Ranger will be in as high of demand as the Bronco and Maverick. It's possible Ford learned their lesson and will do something different with the 2024 MY Ranger orders initially so orders don't exceed capacity.

Sponsored

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From the article: " The 2023 Ford Ranger did receive a few small changes for the new model year, including the addition of two new exterior colors – Azure Gray Metallic and Eruption Green Metallic Tri-Coat "

since when can you get eruption green on the current ranger? it isn't on the ford website as a build option, though Azure Gray Metallic is. They go on to mention the jungle green splash package so it's not a mix-up with that, either.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
Yeah, after seeing that announcement on Ford Authority today, I guess we're around 6 to 8 weeks from the order banks opening and 4 to 6 weeks (or less) from the NA 'reveal'.

Hot Runr Guy

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018Escape, 2019 Edge
From the article: " The 2023 Ford Ranger did receive a few small changes for the new model year, including the addition of two new exterior colors – Azure Gray Metallic and Eruption Green Metallic Tri-Coat "

since when can you get eruption green on the current ranger? it isn't on the ford website as a build option, though Azure Gray Metallic is. They go on to mention the jungle green splash package so it's not a mix-up with that, either.
This is what it shows in the Order Guide.

HRG

Ford Ranger Does the order bank open on launch? confused 2023 Ranger Erup Green.JPG

Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
tion came up about the Chicago Auto show approaching and if any news had been revealed.

I suspect soon with a this news?… https://fordauthority.com/2023/01/2023-ford-ranger-retail-orders-to-be-shut-off-next-week/
Last day to order 5th Gen ‘23 Ranger is January 26th
prayer hands*

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
prayer hands*
It kind of makes sense that things are going to happen pretty soon and wouldn't surprise me in the least if they planned to drop this Bronco information bomb now, like they did.

The Bronco has had a lot of info (not all good) dropped over the last 7 days concerning constraints and such and deadlines were given, in early Feb and early March, to get a lot of the things cleared up with quite a few of the remaining unfulfilled customer orders, which tally around 78K as of yet.

They basically are trying to get people to compromise (a lot on some orders), take $2500 to buy a new '23 Bronco or other Ford vehicle off the lot, or walk away completely and give up any private offer from Ford that they already have. The private offers end with the end of '23 M.Y production.

The kick to the shin is that the Bronco order banks open back up the week of March 27th, supposedly.

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
I suspect soon with a this news?… https://fordauthority.com/2023/01/2023-ford-ranger-retail-orders-to-be-shut-off-next-week/
Last day to order 5th Gen ‘23 Ranger is January 26th
Was coming here to post that link. I would suspect that there should be some sort of announcement in February. I know the Ranger is the red-headed stepchild of the US Ford truck line-up, but I'd expect some attention to it especially with the global redesign. I'm hoping Ford surprises up with a hybrid powertrain like with the Maverick. I know that move might cannibalize some of the Maverick order numbers, but it would totally steal from all the other mid-size truck competitors.

Micky

First Name
Micky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Fixer
What I would love Ford to do, and I think it maybe possible, is release the 3.0l diesel here in the US. The engine has already passed EPA compliance, it is used all over of the rest of the world, the MPG numbers are excellent for CAFE standards, it was pulled from the F150 last year maybe so it can go into the new Ranger...

I can only hope and dream right now, and that dream is a diesel tremor in green.

Micky

Edit - me no type well

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
the rest of the world is in love with Diesels- it would be a huge fail here. Ford is still bleeding $ from all the recalls and warranty issues, I see them only offering the base 2.3 for simplicity's sake and economies of scale lower cost + larger ICE motor in Raptor (maybe even in that "Platinum" trim too if it comes to USA).
Sponsored