lex1125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
nuthin'
r4fidJE.jpg

I built a place for my dog to relax on long road trips. The actual seats were a bit too small for him, so this takes up the leg room in the back too. The cushion is a custom order 52 x 21 x 2" cushion from foamorder.com. My only complaint is that it took nearly 6 weeks to arrive!

NmTbS0w.jpg

The platforms are built out of 3/4" plywood and hook in to where the seat bottoms normally do.

4DTsjwF.jpg

These are the dimensions I used. As you can see in the picture above the tongue on the top right could be slightly bigger as there is a small gap between the two pieces of plywood when installed, and another gap between the plywood and the raised center bit.

The other parts used were:
- Tarp Hook x4, Lowes Part Number 20772, on the backs of each piece of plywood to attach to the anchor points for the seat bottoms
- Cup hook x2, Lowes Part Number 330635, on the bottom of each piece of plywood to connect to the front anchor point for the seat bottoms
- #10*3/4" screws to attach the tarp hooks
- M6x185 washers to lift the tarp hooks off of the plywood for a better angle

DDPlhti.jpg
rYKpx8E.jpg

Sleepy dog on a long road trip. The cushion hadn't arrived yet so I had to squeeze his dog bed back there. After some initial vomiting he mostly slept for the whole trip.

Imgur album:
Great job with this and special thanks for the dimensions. I'm heading to the workshop.

Looks like a very happy puppy!
Sponsored

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Thanks for sharing the dimensions and part numbers. Pup loves it.

20200427_162729.jpg
20200427_162740.jpg
20200502_174312.jpg
20200502_174314.jpg
Nice mod, I love dogs and I appreciate other dog lovers. But my question is: what are those seat covers and where did you get them? I also have a velocity blue Scab and I think those seat covers look fantastic!
Thanks in advance
20230409_130039.jpg

Kaladin

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Sport 4x4 SuperCab
Nice mod, I love dogs and I appreciate other dog lovers. But my question is: what are those seat covers and where did you get them? I also have a velocity blue Scab and I think those seat covers look fantastic!
Thanks in advance
20230409_130039.jpg
Thanks, I also double covered the armrest because the pups still like to put their paws on it.
Wet Okole seat covers. They are not cheap but they are awesome.
Mine is actually Lightning Blue but the Royal Blue from Wet Okole should still match perfect.