First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Baking
Stage 3 performance has 3 kits that seem very similar with different price points. I think I've made a decision on going with the Fox brand. It's what Ford picked, Fox tends to be on the softer side which is what I want and the price point is fair. In my head, Fox has almost(key word) the same quality as King and Bilstein but with a better price. My question is what the heck I the difference between these 3 kits? I pulled each one up on a separate screen and the description from stage 3 is close to identical. The only difference I found was some verbiage but technically speaking no difference.

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/4...roush-fox-2-0-stage-1-suspension-package.html
https://www.stage3motorsports.com/m...ranger-fox-ford-performance-2-suspension.html
https://www.stage3motorsports.com/rngrstge14wd-19-21-ranger-fox-stage-1-suspension-package.html

I emailed Stage 3, two days ago with this exact question... So far no reply. If we don't figure it out here my next step is to contact FOX I guess.

1620924352593.png
Sponsored

jmurph

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Gov
buy the cheapest one and be done with it, their identical for all useful purposes. i think the roush one might have plastic rear shock guards or something extra with their branding if i remember.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
The Fox Tuned by Ford Performance shocks are valved correctly to the Ranger. The cheapest set would not.

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
I started a thread on this a while back that discusses the differences between the standard Fox 2.0 and the Tuned by Ford Performance Fox 2.0.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...-different-than-aftermarket-fox-2-0-kit.7760/

The Ford tuned kit has the valving specifically tuned by Ford to control how they think the truck should ride. In addition, the spring has 2 extra coils and is 2" longer. No one has been able to officially determine how the longer spring reacts differently or what the actual difference in ride both on the hwy and offroad is between the two kits.

jmurph

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Gov
think if your going to spend 1500$ on a 2.0 kit you might aswell bump up to a 2.5 kit for a little bit more. The 1100$ fox kit makes more sense.

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
I started a thread on this a while back that discusses the differences between the standard Fox 2.0 and the Tuned by Ford Performance Fox 2.0.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...-different-than-aftermarket-fox-2-0-kit.7760/

The Ford tuned kit has the valving specifically tuned by Ford to control how they think the truck should ride. In addition, the spring has 2 extra coils and is 2" longer. No one has been able to officially determine how the longer spring reacts differently or what the actual difference in ride both on the hwy and offroad is between the two kits.
Thats concerning, because they think the FX4 should ride a certain way, and the FX4 is a bit too bouncy and first couple times i took it offroad i was being thrown all over the place.

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Thats concerning, because they think the FX4 should ride a certain way, and the FX4 is a bit too bouncy and first couple times i took it offroad i was being thrown all over the place.
Everyone who has installed the Ford Tuned Fox kit says it's a night and day difference in ride and they love it. The same goes for the standard Fox kit. However, no one has been able to dictate the actual differences in the ride between the two - and there is a difference.

azdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
System Administrator I
I'm suprised there isn't more information on what the differences are. Stage3 Motorsports could do a comparison but they haven't done that yet for some reason. With as much interest as there seems to be on this subject I would think they would find it a good idea to do a comparison. It might earn them more business. Because I'd like to know the differences in performance as well.

Because there is a lack of information on the subject I'm leaning to the Ford Tuned kit if I decide to go with one of the Ford Tuned Fox Kits in which case I'd buy them from Levittown Ford and not Stage3 Motorsports.
Sponsored