DuckDCoy

DuckDCoy

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
The fact is that Ford dealerships are privately owned and managed, and so the quality varies dramatically. In Delaware, I have bought two new vehicles (2014 Explorer and my present 2019 Ranger) from Sheridan Ford in Wilmington, and then had all my regular service, repairs, modifications, etc. done by them. They always tell you ahead of time what the deal will be, and then they deliver that or better, and this is true for sales as well as services. Appointments are generally made with a drop-down screen from the company website, and I have always been able to get appointments for the week in question or the next, but if you call them with an emergency situation, they will usually do a work-around to get you in sooner. You can choose whether to wait for repairs to be finished, or they have a guy who works full time at shuttling customers back home and then back to the dealer when the job is done. And they are pretty accurate about predicting how long a job will take, never so far off that it becomes inconvenient. Since the pandemic, they have even had a team come out to my place, about twenty miles each way, to pick up my truck, service it, and then bring it back, serviced and washed to boot, totally no contact on my part. It has been in the Sheridan family for some time now, and I will stick with them until it changes ownership or somebody screws up big time, but I do not expect either one to happen very soon. The moral is, if you are not being treated correctly by your dealer, keep on looking, they are not all idiots!
Itā€™s more of the fact that Iā€™m being told I can either take a day off work and wait in line or I can schedule an appointment in May. It seems to be pretty specific to the Ford dealerships directly around me in the metro detroit area. With my past experiences with Dodge and Toyota I could make an appointment within a day or so and it wasnā€™t an all day event.

To all the people saying itā€™s my fault for not planning ahead.... Iā€™m literally trying to make an appointment to plan ahead you morons did you not read my post? Reading comprehension must not have been as important back in your day as it was in mine.

I think not having an appointment until May for an oil change is completely unacceptable.
Sponsored

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Itā€™s more of the fact that Iā€™m being told I can either take a day off work and wait in line or I can schedule an appointment in May. It seems to be pretty specific to the Ford dealerships directly around me in the metro detroit area. With my past experiences with Dodge and Toyota I could make an appointment within a day or so and it wasnā€™t an all day event.

To all the people saying itā€™s my fault for not planning ahead.... Iā€™m literally trying to make an appointment to plan ahead you morons did you not read my post? Reading comprehension must not have been as important back in your day as it was in mine.

I think not having an appointment until May for an oil change is completely unacceptable.
1616005229016.png

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Others have shown you that there are appointments to be had today and tomorrow in the Detroit metro area.

Perhaps you should try a different dealership.

Which dealership has no availability until May?

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer

Before I add you to my ignore list, did you manage to get a same day appointment with Dodge and Toyota before or after Covid hit?

Now you're calling people morons, after someone was nice enough to point out a Detroit dealer that had openings tomorrow.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Best of luck in your endeavor, what ever that really is.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
i think you go weened from your mother a little to early
Honestly I think they just wanted to complain and have everyone say 'I know what you mean @OP, dealers everywhere suck, I'm never buying another car again!'

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Edit - Changed format for better readability:

This is how I do it.
  1. I get up early on a Saturday morning
  2. grab me a Dunkin
  3. get to the dealer about an hour before they open
  4. drink the coffee while listening to Casey Kasem's top 40 on Sirius XM "70's on 7" (or some other station)
  5. chill.
The time alone is nice and I LOVE listening to my 70's music to bring back old memories - most of which I remember. It WAS the 70's after all.

While they change the oil, I look at the new F150s that I can't afford and reminisce about the time I COULD afford one.

Chill out and find a way to make it work; and be happy about it. It's really isn't that hard. Life doesn't schedule itself around you - or anyone, for that matter.
Good call on number 4. I do SXM channel 311 Yacht Rock Radio. That and a coffee go a long way on any morning of the week.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor

By this time in your life you will have encountered many things that you think are "unacceptable", and should be able to deal with them in an adult manner. The whining you've done here is absolutely a magnet for the kind of snark/truth you've experienced here today.

This is probably a very good time to dump the Ford for a vehicle brand that has dealerships/service that you DO like. It'll be better for your mental health, for sure, and possibly your physical health for you not to have to be so stressed over scheduling an oil change appointment.

Finally, I come from a generation that held reading comprehension in very high regard, as apparently many others in this forum do. I do not appreciate being called a "moron" by you in a broadly sweeping assessment of us all just because we do not share your anger at Ford or its local franchisees.

Name-calling is the last refuge of children and those with limited vocabulary, and is unnecessary here among people that could potentially be helpful to you (as some have already shown by example).

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
You know what ranger pride looking back on your post history you have almost nothing positive or helpful to say to anyone ever. Iā€™ll quote you back to yourself, pound sand and go piss up a rope.
What sucks about setting someone to ignore on this forum is that you can still kinda tell when they are stinking up the place.

OP
OP
DuckDCoy

DuckDCoy

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Others have shown you that there are appointments to be had today and tomorrow in the Detroit metro area.

Perhaps you should try a different dealership.

Which dealership has no availability until May?
Before I add you to my ignore list, did you manage to get a same day appointment with Dodge and Toyota before or after Covid hit?

Now you're calling people morons, after someone was nice enough to point out a Detroit dealer that had openings tomorrow.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Best of luck in your endeavor, what ever that really is.
I have taken both of my dodges to the dealer multiple times the past year since all the covid guidelines came out for oil changes. I usually call in the morning and they give me an hour window either same day or the next to bring the vehicle in and itā€™s done.

The major difference is when I called the three dealerships by me I was only given the option to drop the truck off for the day or maybe until the next morning and be without a vehicle or schedule after April for an oil change or I could gamble in line for first come first serve but they said itā€™s usually a 3 hour wait.

I donā€™t understand the white knighting in here on something the Ford dealers Service areas could do better. Specially the childish name calling and insinuating people are stupid or lazy on here. We gotta bunch of forum queens. I would just change the oil myself but I got other priorities.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I have taken both of my dodges to the dealer multiple times the past year since all the covid guidelines came out for oil changes. I usually call in the morning and they give me an hour window either same day or the next to bring the vehicle in and itā€™s done.

The major difference is when I called the three dealerships by me I was only given the option to drop the truck off for the day or maybe until the next morning and be without a vehicle or schedule after April for an oil change or I could gamble in line for first come first serve but they said itā€™s usually a 3 hour wait.

I donā€™t understand the white knighting in here on something the Ford dealers Service areas could do better. Specially the childish name calling and insinuating people are stupid or lazy on here. We gotta bunch of forum queens. I would just change the oil myself but I got other priorities.
Again, what is the name of said dealerships?

It's a simple question.

arhodenizer

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Ford is the only dealer with service in my area where you cannot call in and get a same day or next day oil change appointment. You HAVE to get in line and wait and you might be there 20 minutes or 6 hours they have no clue or schedule a drop off and arrange your own transportation.

their service departments need to get their shit together. I can call the dodge dealership where I bought every other one of my vehicles the last few years and schedule an oil change tomorrow and be in and out in an hour or less.

same with Toyota.

they claim they have a quick lane but nothing about the Ford dealer is quick or timely. Iā€™m seriously regretting buying my ranger just due to the incompetence of the dealerships to handle basic stuff like oil changes. Oh yeah I forgot to add they told me they donā€™t do or recommend break in oil changes anymore? Since when?
Sponsored