LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Great Scott! You beat me to it!
Marty: Wait a minute, wait a minute Doc, uh, are you telling me you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?!
Doc Brown: The way I see it, if you're going to build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style? Besides, the stainless steel construction made the flux dispersal...(watch beeps) Look out! (time machine comes back")

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
They've been low-key getting ready to attempt building new again for a few years. They have had dealerships that sell restored originals and service them for several years and have been trying to build that into capital to build a new model. I'm betting it all ends the same way the first try did lol.
A Bo Derick edition?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Seen a few videos and what not.

But I don't understand. What kind of idiot tries to bring back DeLorean without a raw stainless finish?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Seen a few videos and what not.

But I don't understand. What kind of idiot tries to bring back DeLorean without a raw stainless finish?
Well for starters shortages of stainless steel is on the horizon. Most of the nickel comes from Russia so not long from now it will get mighty expensive.

The other issue is the forming dies used. SS beats the snot out of them and they have a short life. If I remember right they were hydro forming the body panels. That’s really slow and expensive. So I could see synthetic materials or fiberglass

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Well for starters shortages of stainless steel is on the horizon. Most of the nickel comes from Russia so not long from now it will get mighty expensive.

The other issue is the forming dies used. SS beats the snot out of them and they have a short life. If I remember right they were hydro forming the body panels. That’s really slow and expensive. So I could see synthetic materials or fiberglass
All good real world answers, which I appreciate.

But it's a fucking DeLorean. The only thing innovative about the original was it's stainless bodywork.

Without it, the nameplate is useless, as you're not giving any credit to the original. Might as well call it a DeNorean.

It's as asinine as Ford bringing back the truck/car, building it in Mexico, and not calling it a Ranchero.

They could have at least given it a raw stainless wrap.